Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

The Secret to a Long Life

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Twerp and I went to my Aunt's birthday last night. It was her 80th birthday. She is my father's older sister and has the same birthday as my father who passed away about 8 years ago. He wasn't even 70. I said to my cousin how most of the sisters were still alive and all the brothers have passed away. He said that women usually live longer than men. Well...maybe. Below is a photo of three of my father's sisters: the youngest, 70 (second from left); the eldest, 85 (third from left); and the birthday celebrant (right most).

Photobucket


I'm not sure about my cousin's theory but on my mother side, I had a grandfather who lived to be 99. His eldest daughter, my favorite aunt is now 96, still strong, healthy and in command of her faculties. There many aunties that are 85 years old and more.

So what's the secret to living a long life? For me, it's a combination of the following:

  • The lifestyle back then in their generation was much simpler and the kind of world they grew up in had less pollution, chemicals and processed food.

  • A strong faith. My aunt is like a rock in her faith and accepts anything that comes her. Nothing fazes her and she never worries or fears anything.

  • Being a giving person. She is not rich but gives generously of her time and money without expecting anything in return.

  • She is also humble, never putting herself forward or over anyone.


In a nutshell, clean and simple living with no fears and worries. What do you think is the secret to a long and healthy life?

9 comments:

lina July 4, 2011 at 2:31 AM  

For me? Being happy and accepting my life as it goes by. Not to stress out too much. :wink:

admin,  July 4, 2011 at 2:33 AM  

Hi Lina, simple but effective. Stress can really age a person and affect the health.

Mona July 4, 2011 at 6:17 AM  

avoid ma stress siguro one thing na pwede ka mag live ng matagal talaga .. Happy bday to your aunt. Visiting you back.

margheritarocks,  July 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

I thought new home meant you moved to a new place :mrgreen:

admin,  July 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

Hi Mona, thanks for the visit :)
@Margheritarocks: Duh! ;-)

faye July 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

thnks for visiting my blog!
your sister was right. most of the women live longer than the men. that is statistically proven.
your secret of living life longer is very good.
my secret if you asked me is just live life as it goes. dance with the music, they said. follow the flow where life leads u. one more secret which is very simple...have a good sleep. if you have enough rest every night then your day will be very bright. many people cannot sleep well because of many problems like:
how to get rich ;)
they have enemies,
they are selfish etc.

Trish July 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

thanks for visiting my blog, The All-around Mom. wow, I admire your aunts for having a positive and healthy living. well, that's why they a wonderful and long life. tama, just be positive and lead a God-centered life. :)

carinamodella July 5, 2011 at 11:31 PM  

a loving and a happy family i guess. love your new layout! thanks for always dropping by :)

bingkaycoy July 7, 2011 at 2:17 PM  

Great new theme here....i love your new theme. As for me, I can't say what's the secret to a long life since I am 43 years old---neither too old nor too young. But I try to simplify my life----stick to the basics, eat healthy, don't smoke, take care of your body , skin, exercise, smile a lot, be content, forgive, let go and always seek the wisdom of God, and trust Him....in other words , don't worry. As the Bible says, "worrying never adds a year in your life."---that's what Jesus said.

Post a Comment

Share |