Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Quality Time

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I have had very little time to spend with the Twerp lately because of work which brought "quality time" to mind. Many busy parents try to spend "quality time" with their children with what little time they can spare from work commitments.

But does quality time really help? Or are we just comforting ourselves by saying we spend quality time with our children even if it's just half a day on weekends?

I'm trying to make the most of the time before I go to work, having breakfast with her and after work playing a little. Daddy is also unable to spend much time with her since he has hospital duty. It helps that my office is walking distance from where we live but still, I feel that it's not enough and this is when she needs our presence most. She's learning and discovering new things everyday. I feel it's vital that we are there to guide her. In my case it's just two months out of a year during the peak season at work but how about parents whose schedules are busy all year round? Do children really benefit from "quality time" of maybe a few hours on a weekend when they spend the rest of the week with caregivers?

2 comments:

lina October 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

I'd like to think quality time helps for parents who are not able to spend time 24/7 with their kids.

For me, so far my son looks pretty well adjusted and love both his parents and have no problems communicating with us even though we only spend a few hours with him daily.

HiPnCooLMoMMa October 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

make sure to have quality time everyday. hug her always, give her little kisses here and there. check on her once in a while when you're at work. that will make her feel loved, and that's the most important thing.

even the busiest parents can do that if they want to

Post a Comment

Share |