Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My 10 Favorite Dishes

Friday, June 8, 2012

Do you have all-time favorite dishes that you cannot say no to whatever happens? These are mine.

I have to say goodbye to them because of changes in my life. It started with wanting a simple life some years ago and spread out to other areas of my life. It's a continuing journey with its own challenges but I am happy and at peace. One of those challenges concerns food, specifically pork and shellfish. So here I am. I had each of these dishes one last time to say goodbye.

1.  CRISPY PATA at Barrio Fiesta. This was the ultimate treat for me growing up.

Photobucket



2.  CHICHARON WITH LAMAN that I eat with steamed white rice. Some of my friends cannot imagine eating this with rice. It's a snack or pulutan but I could easily have two cups of rice with a few pieces of this.

Photobucket



3.  TAHONG, grilled and baked with lots of garlic and cheese. Yum!

Photobucket


4.  CRAB MARITESS at Crustacia. I love crabs, boiled, steamed, with coconut sauce, however, it's cooked. My mother said, pinaglihi ako sa alimasag. When I was born, the first thing she asked the nurses was how may fingers and toes did I have because having eaten a lot of crabs during her pregnancy might have given me more than ten fingers and toes. I know. I know. It's not true. It's what old folks say. But it's one of my favorite food that I always eat with my hands and I can eat a 900 gram crab all by myself.

Photobucket


5.  SPICY SPARE RIBS or Pork Chops.

Photobucket


6.  HOT PRAWN SALAD at Summer Palace. There are many versions of this in Chinese restaurants but I like the Summer Palace and HK Choi versions best.

Photobucket


7.  CRISPY BACON is another one that makes me eat a lotta rice.




8.  HAKAW or Shrimp Dumpling




9.  PRAWN THERMIDOR

Photobucket



10.  SPICY SQUID dipped in Bagoong with Calamansi at Mann Hann. One Christmas season I was shopping by myself and got hungry. I went to Mann Hann and ordered this dish with 2 cups of rice and iced tea.

Photobucket



There you are. Not the healthiest foods anyway so I'm better off without them. Don't feel sorry for me because I still have lots of favorites that I can eat like Shakey's thin crust pizza, Spinach Tofu at HK Choi, Fish and Chips at Charley's, Parmesan Fish at the Cookbook Kitchen, etc. I'll be just fine.

24 comments:

arl June 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM  

dalawa na tayong mahilig sa chicharon with rice. ako nga pati yung bituka ng baboy inuulam ko sa rice!

Familia Foodie June 9, 2012 at 4:52 AM  

I love all the dishes you listed here but sadly because of my gallstones, I am not eating some of them anymore. If I eat meant, I eat a small portion only and I make sure its tenderloin. Miss eating these dishes!!!

zoan June 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM  

WAHHH. we have the same top ten, siguro dperensya lang sa numbers:D

admin,  June 10, 2012 at 5:03 AM  

Favorite ko din chicharon bituka pero always with coke naman :)

admin,  June 10, 2012 at 5:04 AM  

Yup, it's really hard to give up these favorites.

Tetcha June 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM  

It's hard to resist those delicious foods, but I wish you good luck on your journey to better health.

Gelo June 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM  

those were all mouth-watering specially the hot prawn salad.

Sumi June 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM  

All these are in my favorite dishes list too! :D Not from the same restos, but the same items though.. ^^ Anyway, your post just made me crave for some salt & pepper spareribs and hakaw.. Yum!

KRIZZA June 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

I'm reading this post at 2 AM and I'm beginning to feel so hungry now! Hahaha Those foods that you've mentioned are my favorites, too. But...I'm not giving up on these foods yet. (lol)

Greg Weber June 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM  

Yeah, it's making me hungry too! I've also had to give up some favorite dishes because I (sadly) cannot digest them anymore (oldness).

Good luck on your journey to healthier eating. It's a toughie!

Mona June 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM  

wow, they are all delicious and hard to resist but careful then kasi some are macholesterol eh.

Miss `Chievous June 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM  

Tahonggg! PArehas tayo tastebuds ah.

ladymoxie June 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM  

My favorite guilt food would have to be giant clams. They have long been named endangered species but if somebody would serve it to me, I would just gobble it up and then deal with the guilt later on.

If not, then anything from the sea would be fine. I especially love crabs, the bigger the better. And the curacha (the spanner crab or red frog crab that can only be found in Zamboanga), of course!

CoffeeGirl June 11, 2012 at 4:00 AM  

Yay! Love ko lahat ng fave dishes mo! ;)

fitness and fashion June 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM  

are you trying to seduce me to eat all of that food, ooh, please don't oh please, i'm on a diet, ha h aha

arlene June 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM  

sige will try it with Coke next time!

Tito Eric June 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM  

I can feast on everything you've listed! Yummm!

Gil Camporazo June 12, 2012 at 4:26 AM  

I would prefer to eat Krispy Pata, Tahong and Spicy Squid. Hmmm, they're all delicious!

Gene June 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

#4-#10 ulimate favorite! Wow, nagutom ako pero wala akong panlasa ngayon. :(

Mitchteryosa June 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM  

Mine is inihaw na bangus and anything that can be matched with bagoong, isda man or alamang. So hard to follow the doctor's advice when these are the ones served in front of me!

Jellybelly,  June 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM  

Truly! Kaya I just avoid seeing them or being near them para di ma tempt :)

Mariz June 17, 2012 at 4:46 AM  

i think i'm going to blog about my top 10 foods too, you got me inspired :)

promding chamimay June 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM  

wow! major heart attack! hehehe i suddenly missed tahong... :-(

Post a Comment

Share |