Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Growing Out Short Hair - Some Tips

Monday, September 22, 2008


I've had short hair for more than three years and am now longing for hair that I can style. So I'm growing it out. I've had it up to my chin last June but in a moment of insanity I've had it chopped again. Now I'm regretting it. I have to start all over.

I've been searching for a sort of transition hairstyle that would keep my from lopping it off again when it doesn't look good. I like Katie Holmes' do in these pics (just ignore the pegged pants).




If you're growing out your hair:
  • Wait longer in between haircuts. If you're getting maintenance cuts every six weeks with shorter hair, try waiting three months before getting trims.
  • Use conditioner and don't rub hair dry with a towel to prevent damage. Squeeze out water from hair gently with a towel. 
  • Use a wide tooth comb for wet hair.
  • Avoid using hot water and hair dryers which damage hair.
  • Have weekly scalp massage to stimulate hair folicles.
  • Get plenty of rest and sleep and eat a balanced diet

3 comments:

Mira September 22, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

I've been contemplating on getting this do too, I need to get more courage though especially that its gonna be cold soon. I'm very adventurous when it comes to hairstyle, I've tried everything but I trusted my hairdresser in the Philippines. Here in US I can count in my fingers the number of times I was satisfied with my haircut. I had haircut 6 weeks ago and I didn't like it.
Random Thoughts
Mira's Web Journal
A Moment to Exhale
My Barefoot Journey
My Kitchen Table
Scrappy Mommy

HiPnCooLMoMMa September 29, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

i'm following her hairstyle too, but nah i'm not gonna copy this time...mahaba na eh, sayang naman nabili kong gadget, nahirapan akong hanapin tapos papaputol ko lang din pala

i love the pegged pants ^_^ it's cool, i wish I had her height

No Plain Jane October 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

I'm trying to grow out a very short pixie crop. It's been two months. And I must say. I am very happy with the growth...it's just the nagging temptation to get it cut again. My hair is wavy and fine, but there is a lot of it, so it has a tendency to look thick. I am also contemplating to get extensions. But I am scared of the risk of getting my hair damaged. Good luck!

Post a Comment

Share |