Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Vanity?

Thursday, August 7, 2008

What is it with mirrors that people, male and female alike, cannot resist looking at their reflections? It is specially noticeable in elevators.

I live in a building with elevators that have mirrors. The whole back of the elevator is mirrored. So when one enters, its the first thing they see unless the elevator is full. Females (and some males I might add) head straight for the back to look at themselves. Adjusting their clothes, hair, wipe smudges from their faces or just plain admiring their reflection. I find it so funny. I can understand if they're running late and did not have enough time to fix themselves up but most of them looked perfectly fine.

Why then can people not resist the draw of the mirror? Insecurity? Lack of confidence in their looks? Or just plain vanity?

What do you think?

2 comments:

Bex August 7, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

Hmmmmm.... ako rin, I have that habit. Wala lang.... I like to look at myself. Hihihihihi

Post a Comment

Share |