Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Mommy and Me

Monday, December 20, 2010

This post is in memory of my mother who passed away 11 years ago. Last weekend was her death anniversary. I still miss her to this day. She's the person I love most in the world and I cannot think of her without getting emotional. I miss her and I wish she could have seen my daughter.


This picture, with a mosque behind us, was taken when I was about 5 years old at Nayong Pilipino. It's a big park that features the different regions of the Philippines with their famous landmarks. It's like a mini vacation and seeing the places without actually going there. There are replicas of places like the Chocolate Hills of Bohol and the Cagsawa Ruins of Bicol. She used to bring me here often. Nayong Pilipino has now relocated from Manila to Clark in Pampanga. It's not very accessible anymore but I hope to bring my daughter there one day.



Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

9 comments:

Jenilee December 20, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

what a wonderful memory of you and your mom! I'm sure it would be memorable for you to go back with your daughter one day. visiting from Mommy and Me!

carinamodella December 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

you look like your mom. my prayers for her.

jellybelly December 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

Thanks for visiting Jenilee!

Carina, yes, a friend actually thought I was my mother in this picture but was surprised that the kid is older than the twerp :)

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

Your mom is lovely and you look so adorable there. I remember I went to Nayong Pilipino too with my mom when I was 10

arlene December 21, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

You look like her! I also miss my mom up to this day even though she's gone for 12 years already =(

jellybelly December 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Arlene! Yan din ang sabi ni Pearl :)

lina December 21, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

That's an adorable photo of you and your mom.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? December 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

What a nice memory of you and your mom and a cute picture.

And, a fun place to visit, too.

Post a Comment

Share |