Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Bad News All Around

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Why is it that bad news come in bunches?

On Sunday morning (February 28), the news of an 8.8 magnitude earthquake hitting Chile was all over the news. I felt as sudden wave of fear. So soon after the earthquake in Haiti in January. It brought to mind all these thoughts and images of the apocalypse, the Book of Revelations, and all the movies I saw about the end of the world as we know it. I am Legend, The Day After Tomorrow, 28 Weeks Later, Armageddon...so on. Saturday night we saw the movie The Road starring Viggo Mortensen. That was depressing! I couldn't bear to finish it but P asked my to stay and watch it with him.

Later that day, one of my closest friends sent me a text message that she had cancer. What?! I though she was joking. So soon after her nephew passed away of cancer in January. And she said she didn't want to get a chemo. Just an IV treatment. I have to research this one.

And then all these stories and articles about the Philippine presidential elections and the candidates. Honestly, I still don't know who to vote. None of them seem right for the job. Oh, there is one candidate that I believe can do the job and has demonstrated in the past his ability to get things done without having allegations about his integrity but I doubt he will win. Maybe I'll vote him just the same.

This post hasn't really done anything to cheer me up. The future looks bleak. I hope my mood improves when I wake up tomorrow to a hopefully sunny day.

3 comments:

meretrisha March 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

if it's any consolation, i've been thinking the same. with all the sad happenings around, we can't really help but be affected. our best weapon is to PRAY then.

Over A Cup of Coffee March 3, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Worry is carrying a burden that God never intended us to bear. God put us on earth to shine as lights, not to get used to the dark. We live in the world but we must not let the world live in us. With God's arms beneath us, we need not fear what lies before us and no day is dark when you live in the light of God's son.

HiPnCooLMoMMa March 5, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

Just trust the Lord Soya!

I want to vote for this person too but i doubt he'll win. i was thinking of voting for another one so that the other one won't win. i might as well vote for the person i like.

Post a Comment

Share |