Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Drop, cover, and hold. Move as little as possible.
- If in bed, stay there, curl up, hold on and protect your head with a pillow.
- Stay away from windows to avoid being injured by shattered glass.
- Stay indoors until the shaking stops and make sure it's safe to exit. If you must leave the building after the shaking stops, take the stairs, not the elevator as there may be power outages.
- Sprinklers and fire alarms may go off.
For more information, visit the Red Cross website.