Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Cronuts!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Yesterday my friend Becky called up Wildflour at the Podium to reserve cronuts. She went a couple of times to buy those cronuts but they were always sold out. When she called to inquire if today, that is, yesterday, they had some left, she was told to just reserve and pick it up the next day. So she did and she told me about it right after she hung up the phone.

I also wanted to try it. It's all the rage in New York. Croissant donuts, hence cronuts! I called Wildflour right away to reserve for myself. I was sure Via would love it because she absolutely loves croissant.

Here it is!



Wildflour: Hello! Good afternoon, Wildflour.

Me: Hello! I want to reserve cronuts para bukas. Pwede daw pala mag pa reserve.

Wildflour: Ay sorry Mam, hindi na kami tumatanggap ng reservation.

Me: Pero kakatawag lang ng friend ko. Now lang! Nakapagpareserve sya!

Wildflour: Sino Mam, si Becky? Last na po yun. Kung gusto nyo punta na lang kayo dito para mag reserve.

Me: Ha?! Bat ganun? Ganito na lang. Idagdag mo na lang sa order ni Becky yun order ko. Pwede?

Wildflour: Sige Mam. Ano po ang order nyo?

Me: Anong flavors meron?

Wildflour: Strawberry, vanilla at chocolate.

Me: Sige, tatlong chocolate. Magkano pala isa?

Wildflour: P120 po. Tatlong chocolate cronuts. Okay na Mam.

Me: Thank you!

Whew! So today we had lunch at Wildflour, Podium to pick up our cronuts. I had the set meal: tomato soup, caesar salad and grilled cheese sandwich for P395. The tomato soup was super. I loved it. Grilled cheese was okay. No photo. I forgot. So hungry.


The cronuts was super by the way. The creme filling made it special. Next time I'll get strawberry. I want to try all the yummy pastries but one at a time. The calories are a killer. I did a search on cronuts and couldn't find one. I guess because it just came out. There was one, Pillsbury cronut mix and it was 1,216 calories for one cronut. I can believe it!





8 comments:

Anonymous,  June 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM  

hmm... that second picture looks familiar...

Rose August 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM  

very, very curious about cronuts. it seems like it's the fad these days. so far haven't seen any stores selling it here yet in cebu.

jellybelly August 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM  

Hi Rose, it's really yummy. Dunkin Donuts have their own version. Cheaper and Le Couer de France. Pati Chatime. But the best is Wildflour's. I also like Le Couer's.

January Zelene August 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM  

I heard about cronuts but I have never tasted it pa. I hope to taste it soon.. :)

theresa August 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM  

I've been eyeing on Cronuts too here in the province but seems I can't find one. JCo just recently opened and I am just so not in the mood to fall in line with a super long queue.

jellybelly August 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM  

@Janz & Tet: So may bakeshops have their own versions na. Pati Chatime but my friend says theirs taste like bicho bicho. Dunkin also has a version but apparently its just like a dressed up donut. I like Wildflour's and Le Couer's. Le Couer's is healthier bec it's baked. Wildflour's is deep fried.

marie August 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM  

Hmm, I still have to taste it :)

Vera September 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM  

I still have not had any cronuts, from any store. Krispy Kreme has them now, but with a different name, and probably cheaper than these ones you got. But maybe my first taste should be reserved for a guaranteed good one - the ones you got. hehe.

Post a Comment

Share |