Thursday, May 24, 2012
Monday, May 21, 2012
- She was able to meet many people, young and old, and interacted with them.
- With some of the activities, she learned how to be careful. When to be brave, plunge in and when to be aware of any danger involved.
- The activities opened up a lot of possibilities for her as well as learning opportunities.
- She made new friends.
- Learned skills that could not be learned at home.
- Learned to appreciate the outdoors. We live in a building and being able to be so close to nature with lots of trees and mountains all around was a whole new world to her.
- Confidence and self-reliance. I stayed in the background most of the time, only helping when she could possibly hurt herself.
- This being a summer camp organized by the church, it was not all fun and games but included spiritual experiences.
I definitely will let her go again next year. It was a great terrific experience for Via and for me.
Friday, May 18, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Since the Twerp is an only child, I've been thinking about her social development. I'm an only child and I've always been very shy. Even now I prefer a small group rather than an big crowd. I would like for Via to be more outgoing than I was. I was glad she had regular playmates when she turned 2, a boy and a girl. They live in the same building we do and they're all close in age. Only a month older than Via, both of them. However, the little boy had to migrate with his family last December. Now, the little girl will be moving away as well. It's a good thing she's going to pre-school now and she has a friend there.
Last weekend, we met up with relatives at the mall during a three-day sale. I wasn't planning on going anywhere near the sale but we hardly ever get to see our relatives and it beats the heat at home. This summer heat aggravates Via's allergies which she seemed to have inherited from me. I think she has my allergic rhinitis. I need to buy da buddha vaporizer for our home to help with Via's breathing problems at times. Anyway, Via got to see her cousins, a 6-year old boy and a 2-year old girl. She latched onto them and walked around the mall with them, especially Kuya. It's great how kids get together and understand each other in their own way. They had fun and a lot of loud laughter from all of them.
So far, she's not showing any of the shyness that I had for which I'm really happy. She does have moments of crying when she can't express herself but for the most part she communicates well. It's really the right time to start pre-school.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
But since we planned a visit to the zoo that day and it was still early, we decided to go on to Avilon Zoo anyway. We saw a line of taxicabs at SM Hypermart. The driver agreed to take us but had to consult other taxi drivers where Avilon Zoo was exactly. They were all sketchy about the location and how to get there. Good thing for us. It was a slow day for taxicabs and the driver did not even haggle. He used the taxi meter. I have to commend 24/7 taxi by the way, I always use them when possible.
The entrance fee is P300 for adults and P200 for children 3.5 feet and below. Tour guides are available if you want one for P400. Picture taking with the orangutan, owl and eagle were P50 for two shots.