Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

A New Yaya

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Twerp's yaya (caregiver) got pregnant so we've had to look for a replacement. I know it's very hard to find a yaya. The new one arrived last Thursday recommended by my cousin who first took care of my toddler. I was hesitant to get her because she's in her 50s. I prefer a young yaya who can get down to my toddler's level and have the energy to play with her.

Yesterday, preggy yaya went off duty promising to come back today. P's already been annoyed that she takes off overnight for more than 24 hours. He thinks she's taking too much time off but she's leaving anyway and trying to sort things out with her family. I thought it's a good time to ease Via into the new yaya. I had new yaya bathe Via and she cried all through the bath. I had her give Via her lunch and all she did was cry until she fell asleep with eating a bite. It's only been 2 days but Via's not taking to the new yaya at all and sticking to me like glue even more.

My aunt called yesterday saying that she might have a younger yaya for me, her neighbor's helper that's leaving her employment. I want to get this one but the older yaya is already here. Taking both of them to see which one works out well is an expense I can't afford but am tempted. In any case I don't know how to tell the other one we're letting her go for the younger one since she left her previous employment for us. What to do? What to do? This is an issue I knew would come and it's always made me anxious because I've been reading and hearing so much about yayas abusing children under their care. We really have to choose carefully and not just settle for the first one that comes along. Hopefully, she works out well.

1 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa October 4, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

madami kelangan ng yaya Soya, ipasa mo nalang sa iba

Post a Comment

Share |