Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Losing Weight - Finally!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last year, when I signed up with Belletoday.com, I weighed 144 lbs. This weight kept on seesawing back and forth as much as every two days - going down to 140 lbs then 137 lbs then up to 142 lbs all in one week. I guess it's water retention. It was frustrating.

Last March when i started running during lunchtime, my weight stabilized at 140 lbs. Then in April, I decided to reduce the amount of rice I ate. I'm not a big rice eater so it was not a problem for me. I eat rice mostly because it's easy to cook, rice and main dish of meat or fish, daily Filipino fare.

Imagine my surprise when I weighed today to find I now weigh 136 lbs. I've lost 8 pounds since March. Here is my weight tracker at Belletoday.


What I've been doing that worked for me:

M-W-F : Running around the basketball court at lunch time 40 times broken up in 10s. 10 runs then 2 walks then 10 runs again until I reach 40 runs.

Weight training: 3 sets of 20 reps with dumbbells three times a week on alternate days
Standing Tricep Extenstion, 2-Arm Tricep Kickback, Lateral raise with external rotation, bench dips, Lunges, Arm curls and Plank. It's not much but I don't want to overload myself.

Hopefully I reach my goal by the end of the year.

2 comments:

Paula May 20, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

Hi, regarding bc bloggers we will be link exchanging. watch out for my email to explain further.

Paula

bingkee May 21, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Congrats on your achievement on your weight goals....take it slow, that's right...it will come there. If you take it drastically, it might come back quickly.

Post a Comment

Share |