Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

The Twerp is 7!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I gave Via a choice between a birthday party and a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland. She chose Disneyland. What kid wouldn't, huh?  :)

We woke up around 4am to catch our 8am flight to Hong Kong. What with the spate of incidents at the airport lately, I had our luggage wrapped up in plastic and tape. I wrapped Via's Frozen backpack and taped the pockets of her jacket. How's that for paranoia? We made it to Hong Kong without incident.



We took the MTR to Tsing Yi, where we got scissors to cut away all that plastic from our luggage. From there, we had a hard time finding the right train to Sunny Bay. After going up and down the elevator between level 1 and 2 a couple times, I finally asked someone who said we should be at level 4. Duh! I saw a sign to go down to level 1 for Sunny Bay. Anyway....

 

We finally got to Hong Kong Disneyland where we waited for the bus that would take us to the Disney Hollywood Hotel where we left our luggage before heading on to the park. We got to the park around 12:30 pm and didn't leave until after the fireworks.

  



Everytime Via saw the coin stamping machine, Via just had to get a coin. She wanted to collect all of them. At 15 HKD per coin, it converts to about Php100 per coin. Expensive!


It was almost 10pm when we got back to our hotel. I was exhausted. My day started at 4am and it was nonstop going all day. The Twerp wrote this before going to sleep and she kept saying over and over all day and the next day, "Mom, thank you for bringing me to Hong Kong Disneyland."

 

The next day, we got up early to look around the hotel before having breakfast at Chef Mickey

  

  


At Chef Mickey, we got a photo op with the Chef himself. Via said, it's all Mickified, even the food!



 



We also went to the arcade which was free for guests at the Disney Hollywood Hotel. Even the parents had fun. I liked the shooting game.


 

Our second day at the park was truly exhausting, at least for me. Via did not want to sit and rest even for a bit. The only rest I got was when we had to use the toilet! We watched every show, every parade and got on every ride except the RC Racer ride. I told her, I am absolutely petrified of that ride. She said, "you're a scaredy cat Mom!" I don't care! I'm not getting on that ride!

Our favorite was the Runaway Mine Cars which was a roller coaster that went forward and back and forward again. We also loved Space Mountain and the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop rides.



Via did not want to leave without a dip in the piano shaped pool at the hotel. So even if it was cold, she went swimming. She said there was warm water coming out of holes spaced all around the pool so the water was not that cold.




Disneyland was truly a magical place for the Twerp!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share |