Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Savor the Day

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The weekend is our time together, Via and I. And she always says, " I love doing things with you MommyThis the best day ever!" It so warms my heart.

These moments are sometimes spoiled during mealtimes. Via is a verrrrry slow eater and I eat very fast. I guess I just gobble up my food especially when I'm very hungry. Which is why I always end up, after patiently waiting for a few minutes, telling Via to "hurry up." Finish your food! Swallow!

Last Sunday, we had dessert at Coldstone Creamery. It's her new favorite ice cream. I had a piece of cake and coffee from the coffee shop next to it, Caffe Pascucci. As usual I finished first. After awhile I told Via to "Hurry Up."


She said to me,"Mom, why do you always tell me to hurry up? Let us savor the day!"

Of course that shut me up! Why DO I always tell her to hurry up when it's our time together? It doesn't matter what we do, it's that we are doing it together and I should not rush it. She's right! We must savor every moment together! We must savor every moment of our life! We must savor our Coldstone Creamery desserts too!

My daughter has been such a blessing to me, there are no words. I have become a better person because of her. I got to know myself because of her. And I am striving each day to better myself, especially when I see her imitating my behavior, my actions, my habits, my expressions.... Am I her role model? That scares me and it drives me to improve myself and be a better person.

p.s. - I had the velvet cake at Caffe Pascucci. It was so-so. Next time I'll try the chocolate one.

2 comments:

Michelle Oribello August 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM  

Point well taken! :)
Sometimes it's not about the destination, but the journey. We have to take things slow at times, especially when being together with our kids. BTW belated happy birthday! Hope you had a blast!

JanzCrystalz January August 18, 2014 at 8:57 PM  

Oo nga naman! Why tell her to hurry, when eating slowly is more fun and delicious.

Post a Comment

Share |