Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Discovering Muay Thai

Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm a few years late since most of my friends have tried it years ago. Better late than never. After Via's stint with Tae Kwon Do which she loved, I decided to try out martial arts as exercise.


I was allowed to have a trial to see if I liked it. It was a great trial class because there were only 2 of us. The coach found gloves and handwraps for me to use. We start with warming up and shadowing. I could not get the hang of the jabbing and kicking routine but eventually got it by doing it slowly.


By the time we got to the actual workout of 3 minutes per set, I was thoroughly enjoying myself. I loved the kicking and the punching. After the workout, I felt so relaxed. Even my back pain seemed to disappear. 

 I paid my membership fee the next day and bought my gloves and hand wraps. Too bad my first session was cancelled due to Typhoon Glenda. 


11 comments:

Mayette Domencil August 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM  

Hi Jelly! I hope you still remember me, hehe.. We are missing you at BC Bloggers! Happy Birthday!

Mayette Domencil August 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM  

By the way, we have a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcbloggers2014/. You are welcome to join us so we can chat :)

theresa August 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM  

My man did Muay Thai several times before and he really likes it. I want to experience the same thing too!

Marie Angeli Laxa August 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM  

Hello! Just dropping in to say happy birthday!

Melgie Campbell August 14, 2014 at 8:57 PM  

Muay Thai is interesting, I wish I have enough to do such thing. Happy birthday advance Sis, and I hope to see you back on Commex:)

Patty | MrsC August 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM  

I have always wanted to try Muay Thai but I've yet to find a class offered that's close to home. Looking forward to read more about your experiences soon.

Marissa Bautista-Bulatao August 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM  

I heard Muay Thai is good exercise, plus it gives you discipline. I would like to try it nga

JanzCrystalz January August 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM  

An office mate also is doing Muai Thai I certainly want to do the same but I think I don't have the budget to enroll.

Chan Zubiaga August 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM  

I also love kicking, as far as I remember since I enrolled in a Taekwondo class when I was in elementary.. A very nice exercise indeed, I think I would love Muay Thai too if given a chance

maria wenttotown August 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM  

How is the working going on? I would loe to try martial arts too.

Post a Comment

Share |