Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Via Likes to Cook

Sunday, September 1, 2013

She started with pancakes.

"Mommy, I want to help."

Okay, I said. You can mix the batter. 

That was the beginning. As she helped more and more, she moved on the scooping the batter into the pan. Until she helped make the pancakes from beginning to end.

From then on, she would ask to help from time to time. Measuring the ingredients or peeling garlic, even chopping using the food processor.

Like all mommies, I jumped at the chance to nurture this interest. Our Sunday activity now is making lunch together. Last Sunday, we made Spaghetti with Meatballs. She had fun up to the point where the meat needed to be mixed by hand and make meatballs. She didn't want to get her hands dirty.

Today, we made Wicked Oreos. That super dessert from Flaming Wings. It turned out quite well although there was a minor explosion while heating up the oil. Some oil landed on her arms but she was fine after we ran cold water on her arms.

Ingredients: 

Pancake mix, oreos, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream.

Prepare pancake mix as you would when making pancakes. Add the salt and baking powder. 

When you oil is really, really hot, dip one oreo in the batter, then deep fry. Add more but make sure they don't touch. When brown, scoop and place on paper towels.

When done, top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Eat right away.




Yummy!

7 comments:

Meikah Ybañez-Delid September 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM  

You have a future iron chef! :D I'm teaching my kids to cook as well, even though I don't do it. I do know how. XD

aby ♥ September 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM  

too bad the photos isnt loading here on my pc. i dont if its the internet.. :( it is nice bonding moments with ur baby :)

kimmy October 19, 2013 at 7:46 AM  

that is just so sweet. you must be very proud..

Farida October 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM  

Hi JB, how are you?
I was wondering how you got back your blogspot.com? I did not renew my domain this year and I don't know what to do with my blog. Your response would be greatly appreciated. You may email me at ftiongson@ymail.com. Thank you! :)

Pud Blag ni AKo October 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM  

i'll try this at home, easy and affordable, that's my kind of thing :)

Wawan October 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM  

Looks yummy! Via reminds me of my nephew who happens to enjoy my cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. Later learned from my sister that they have cooking class in school. Whenever he sees me, he would ask if he can help. So far we have made banana cake, pretzels, fruit salad and spaghetti. Have fun Via. :)

eof777 November 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM  

Wonderful efforts. I'm proud of your little chef too. ;-)
Hope you/your loved ones are safe in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
Sending prayers and blessings your way!
Elizabeth

Post a Comment

Share |