Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Dr. Kong Comfort and Healthy Shoes

Monday, July 29, 2013

I noticed for a while now that my daughter's feet turns inward (in-toeing or pigeon toed) when she walks. Pike kumbaga. When she learned to run, I was afraid that she would trip on her own feet because it was bent almost 45 degrees inwards.

Last week we were at Via's pedia for another health complaint. I mentioned that I was concerned with her feet and that maybe she needs corrective shoes. Her pedia said it looked like Via was flatfooted but that it's better to consult with an orthopedic doctor. We did. After looking at the x-ray, the ortho doctor said there was nothing wrong anatomically. That she would grow out of it.

To help her along, I decided to check out the shoes that Via's pedia recommended, Dr. Kong. Yesterday we went to Dr. Kong shoe store in Robinson's Galleria. I was surprised to see that they carry adult shoes too. They also had a machine to examine the feet. I let Via shoes which shoes she like so she's sure to wear them. I also tried on a slip on that caught my attention. It felt AMAZING! I never wear heels and always buy Naturalizer or Aerosoles because I have big feet (size 9) but very slim.

I did not intend to buy shoes myself but I just could not pass it up. I've never felt so comfortable. It fit like a glove. I also had my feet examined. Kids feet may be examined at 6 years old. Dr. Kong shoes are advisable for kids so their feet are healthy and well-formed. 

The bones in my feet were normal although turned outwards a little but I was not flatfooted. In any case, I'm sold on Dr. Kong shoes. I will buy Via's school shoes here and my office shoes since I saw a few pumps on display.

We visited Dr. Kong shoes branch in Robinson's Galleria, 3rd Level (Jumpstreet).

13 comments:

Meikah YbaƱez-Delid August 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM  

First time, I've heard of Dr. Kong. I should recommend this to my mom-friends who have a similar concern. Thanks! :)

Chin chin August 22, 2013 at 6:20 AM  

Nice to hear about Dr. Kong. I'll check it out when I see their store. Is the price reasonable?

Marie August 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM  

My daughter was sort of "pike" when she was little, but hindi na siya obvious (or she must have corrected it na) now that she is in her teens.

Aileen A August 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM  

It's what they call overpronation (in varying degrees) in gait analysis. Usually, flat footed people overpronate, like me, although mine is very minimal and I am not prone to tripping or losing balance like most flat-footed people. :-) I should take a look at Dr. Kong footwear.

Vera August 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM  

I've heard of these shoes but haven't tried them. I think they'll be perfect for me. My left foot/leg still hasn't fully recovered from the severe nerve impingement so I walk and feel awkwardly. Maybe the right shoes will help. Thanks!

Van Cruz-Gabaza August 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM  

it's also my first time to hear about Dr. Kong's shoes. glad that there are stores like this to help others with similar concerns. btw, your daughter's shoes is so cute!

Farida August 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM  

I see this shop too in Galleria but never dared to enter because a relative said that the products are quite pricey. Thanks for the review though. This explains the stiff price but worth buying I guess especially if you're after comfort.

jellybelly August 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM  

@ Chin Chin: It's a little more expensive but cheaper than Naturalizer or Aerosoles..

@Marie: Thats what the doctor said but I want to help it along kasi sobrang pike :)

@Aileen: You're right about the varying degrees. I guess most of us have some sort of foot problem. Basta di lang madisgrasya :)

@ Vera: It's really comfortable. I always go for comfort kasi rather than fashion :)

@Farida: We were lucky they had a sale when we bought our shoes :)

Belle August 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM  

How was Dr. Kong's? I always see it when I search for comfortable shoes.

jellybelly August 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM  

@Belle: I love it! Of course it depends on the style but it's more comfortable than naturalizer or aerosoles. Cost less too :)

Khyutee August 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM  

I also have 1 Dr Kong closed shoes, however, my feet ache whenever I wear it. Maybe because it's closed shoes.

jellybelly August 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM  

@Kyuti: Talaga? I didn't try on the closed shoes. Yun pa naman balak ko buy next time. Dapat ilakad ko to be sure it's comfy.

Rose Cavello August 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM  

Wow, it's great to read about this. I have always been frustrated about buying shoes and sandals. Must be because I was born with a clubfoot that was corrected at an early age (right foot). I should go and check Dr. Kong's out. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Share |