Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Jakarta Visit: Off to Kidzania

Friday, June 7, 2013

We woke up late because we slept at around 3am. Today P said we'd go to Kidzania in Pacific Place mall. I was excited for Via. Info on Kidzania from the website* below.

I made coffee for me, Milo for P and Via, and ate bread then we were off at around 9am. We went down to the lobby and waited while P was checking Google maps on his mobile. Bat kaya check pa sya ng map e madalas naman sya sa Pacific Place. Alam naman nya puntahan yun.

After a few minutes he stood up and headed for the elevator going to the basement. Hmmmm....bat kami bababa....nag rent kaya sya ng car? At the basement he kept on walking and walking until we reached..........motorsiklo? Oo nga pala! Sabi nya bumili sya ng motorsiklo! Shucks! Magmomotorsiklo kami?! 

As P handed me the helmet and hoisted Via onto the seat behind him, I was debating furiously in my head whether to refuse to get on and take a taxi instead. I put on the helmet and mounted the motorbike in super slow motion. I took my time getting settled with Via snugly between P and me. Then I said, okay. Go slow. Take the side streets. As soon as I said that, he zoomed up the ramp and joined the heavy traffic on Jl. Mangga Besar, a busy  main road. *Sigh* I was so tense. I could not relax at all unlike Via who was enjoying the ride. "I like Daddy's motorbike!"

After what seemed like eternity (in fact about 45 minutes), P stopped and said to take a picture. That is Monas, the national monument. Oh! It looked a lot like QC Circle but bigger. So Via and I got off and took photos. Then we were off again for another 45 minutes it seemed like.

I like the area where Pacific Place mall is located in Sudirman Central Business District. It reminded me of Makati. I wanted to take photos of the surrounding area but P said no. It's not allowed since the bombings some years back. Hmmm....e bakit nya kami pina picture sa Monas? I guess tourist attractions don't count. P said there were no parking for motorbikes inside the mall but there was one outside strictly for motorbikes (three levels it looked like) which is where we parked.


Then we crossed the street toward Pacific Place. It's a high end mall with only the likes of Hérmes, Hugo Boss, Bvlgari, luxury cars, etc. having shops there. Kidzania was on the top floor. We went there to check how much the entrance fee is and the schedule before having lunch. Daddy asked if they spoke English there because Via did not speak or understand Bahasa and neither did I. Yes, they did. It would be a problem otherwise.




For 4-16 year olds, Monday-Thursday, it's Rp. 130,000, roughly P600. That would be P1,200 because adult companion will also have to pay an entrance fee. Daddy said he would wait somewhere in the mall. We had lunch at Wendy's.



Then back to Kidzania we went. After paying the entrance fee, Via was given a check for 50,000 Kidzos. Daddy gave me his other mobile to call him when we were done. Once inside, we went to the bank (BCA) to cash Via's check. We had four hours to spend at Kidzania because they closed at 4pm on weekdays. It was not enough time. Each job or entertainment or activity was approximately 20 minutes. There was a limit of 6-10 participants depending on the establishment. There were a lot of school age kids in groups from schools. P said that it was not a busy day as it was a weekday and a Monday at that. Still we had to wait sometimes especially at the Modeling School. Via did not want to leave even if it took 35 minutes wait.




Via enjoyed Kidzania that she wanted to return another day. One day would not be enough to do everything.  Maybe next time we're in Jakarta.

We got caught in the rush hour going back to Swissbel. If I was not relaxed on the way there, getting back was an ordeal. I video'd it a little bit to show my friend Becky :)

We were very tired when we got to Swissbel. After resting a little bit, we went out to have dinner at a nearby eatery again on the motorbike.
Pepes

Char Kway Teow

Nasi Goreng 

Dead tired that night, we all slept soundly.

*KidZania provides children and their parents a safe, unique, and very realistic educational environment that allows kids between the ages of four to twelve to do what comes naturally to them: role-playing by mimicking traditionally adult activities. As in the real world, children perform "jobs" and are either paid for their work (as a fireman, doctor, police officer, journalist, shopkeeper, etc.) or pay to shop or to be entertained. The indoor theme park is a city built to scale for children, complete with buildings, paved streets, vehicles, a functioning economy, and recognizable destinations in the form of "establishments" sponsored and branded by leading multi-national and local brands.


From police officer to dentist to restaurateur, each KidZania offers nearly 100 role-playing activities in more than 60 establishments with a range of difficulty to meet the abilities and interests of every child. Kids work to earn kidZos, KidZania's own currency, so they can pay for goods and services in the KidZania city. KidZania is a complete city with a hospital, fire station, beauty salon, bank, radio station, supermarket, television station, pizzeria, theater, and much more. At two-thirds their actual size, all facilities are designed to be 'just right' for children. Kids pick an occupation, learn about their job, don a uniform, and start EARNING AND SPENDING KIDZOS...and having fun!


36 comments:

Melgie Campbell August 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM  

You deserve a good seep after a fun memorable time with family, your dinner look so great and yummy! best way to end the day..:) great pictures!:)

reese g. August 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM  

so you went to jakarta pala...looks loke you have a grand time there
love your blog's new look
welcome back ms jb

Dominique Goh August 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM  

Kidzania must have been very fun for your kid. My kids too love it there when they visited the place in Korea last year.

jellybelly August 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM  

@ melgie, yes we all slept soundly that night :)

@ reese, it feels good to be back with bc bloggers commex :)

@ dominique, kidzania is so much fun for kids. i'm happy to hear we will have it in manila next year.

Glenda Barretto August 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM  

That is a great adventure! It is nice to travel by motorbike (except when it rains). Food there looks like our own delicacies din pala.

Aileen A August 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM  

I would never get on a motorbike unless my life depended on it hehehe...At least, the li'l twerp enjoyed it :-)

jellybelly August 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM  

@ Aileen, I got used to it after a couple of days :) It's the best way to get around Jakarta because traffic is a lot worse than Manila.

Marielle Faye Garcia August 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM  

Looks really fun! I, myself, wanna play there! LoL!

Farida August 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM  

When I was younger, I enjoyed riding the scooter of my father and the faster he drove, the happier I felt then. But I disliked my hair getting all tangled.

Indonesian food is similar with Malaysian cuisine?

jellybelly August 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM  

@ Farida, Malaysian, Indonesian and Singaporean dishes are very similar. I love them but sometimes it's too spicy for me.

What I didnt like most of all was having to wear a helmet. My hair got flat when I took it off.

JanzCrystalz January August 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM  

I have no problem with motorsiklo hehehe, I actually miss driving one.. :)

jellybelly August 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM  

Buti ka p @Janz, that was only my second time. The first was in Bandung naman in the middle of the night so kami lng nasa kalye, so okay lang :)

Lady Anne Abit August 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM  

Kidzania is amazing! Though I haven't seen the interiors, I have read the pamphlets and it's really a great learning place for the kids.

tet ^0^ August 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM  

Pepe's is like tupig from Tarlac noh..

Khimbyrlee Eerlrybmihk August 4, 2013 at 2:06 AM  

Riding through a motorcycle? That's nice. :D

I wish I can go there. :( It must be fun.

jellybelly August 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM  

@Lady Anne, Kidzania is so much for kids. I heard we will have it here in Manila in 2014, at BGC. Can't wait!

@Tet, Pepes looks like tupig but it's ulam. It's meat inside. I didn't try it though.

Rosemarie/Gven-Rose August 4, 2013 at 8:59 PM  

traveling by motorcycle is fun if it will not take you an hours to reach your destination.. the little girl is in deed having fun

Van Cruz-Gabaza August 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM  

wow, you went pala to indonesia. nice to see you back here in commex. looks like your little one had so much fun at kidzania. :-)

oh, and I think I saw a tupig right there, too. hihi! ulam pala sya.

jellybelly August 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM  

@ Van, yes we visited Daddy in Jakarta. Enjoy ang little girl because all the places we visited para sa kids :)

Mommy Maye August 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM  

It's a fun-filled day for you and Via. We also have a motorcycle but now we seldom use it na. Masarap magstroll with the motorcycle and my son always enjoy it :)

maxine musings August 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM  

iyon din ang napansin ko, pepe's are like tupig!
that was a fun filled family bonding moments

Meikah Ybañez-Delid August 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM  

I'm sure you somehow felt like you are back here in Manila. :) That was one wonderful bonding moment!

Cym Marzan August 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM  

That's kind of like Kidzville in Podium. I can relate with you on the motorcycle ride. ganun ba talaga ang mommies?

aby ♥ August 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM  

nice place to bond with your family! :)

jellybelly August 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM  

@ Cym, yes parang Kidzville pero they actually work here and get paid. Si Via nag pump ng gas sa driving school. And the kids attending driving school were really driving the cars.

kat August 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM  

Oh, I'd be scared riding a motorcycle in a busy street! I hope you all are wearing helmets!

Jhari August 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM  

Jakarta, I've heard so much about this place. I hope that one day if God will allow us, we can visit there too.

Marie Bulatao August 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM  

Oh, i bet you guys had fun!

Sabbatical Gal August 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM  

i've never been to jakarta. kidzania must be a good place for kids. and yes, i would probably have the same reaction as you had with the motorcycle. hehe.

Marie Angeli Laxa August 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM  

Naaliw naman ako sa experience nyo in the motorcycle! Ako din matatakot. But your daughter looked like she had so much fun that day! :D

Daddy Yashiro August 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM  

Kidzania is indeed a great place for kids to have fun and enjoy. I'm sure you're all happy and with so much grin in your face.

Wanderwoman August 7, 2013 at 6:59 AM  

a motorcycle ride ? exciting! i took a moped once in HCMC. nakakatakot pero masaya.

JanzCrystalz January August 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM  

What a wonderful vacation for the whole family. I wish to visit the place too.. :)

Kristine Gavilano August 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM  

I'm now loving Kidzania according to your experience sis!

What a lovely escapade you have with the family!

Allan August 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM  

So kaya pala medyo nawala sa sa commex. you had a vacation pala. hehehe

tondo girl August 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM  

what a great vacation with your family! i love kidzania.

Post a Comment

Share |