Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Free from Blogging Bondage

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Photo from www.sherbetblossom.com
I started blogging to earn a little extra money. I did but it was a lot of work. Two years after getting my own domain, I'm ready to give it up. It's just not worth the effort of posting every week even when I didn't have anything to post. I ended up with nothing posts or stiff writing.

Not only that, the blog needs to be promoted and to do that, I had to visit and comment on other blogs to generate traffic. It's okay with blogs that I genuinely liked to read but it was an ordeal to come up with a comment for blogs I could not relate to. There was a blog with Haiku week after week after week. I'm not a poetry kinda person. I like to read but Haiku? Good thing there were pictures and that's what I commented on.

So, I migrated everything back to blogger so I don't have to pay for my own domain anymore. I will continue to blog but at my own pace and only when I really have something to say. It will be like a diary as opposed to a blog. I think it will be mostly ready by family and friends which is okay. I would like my daughter to read it too when she's grown up. So, I am deleting all posts that are not related to my family or our direct experiences and I will be editing what's left to make it more "me", when I have time.

I will still visit blogs that really interest me and join comment exchanges from time to time but no pressure to keep up the traffic. I wasn't able to visit much of these blogs I liked because new posts wouldn't show up on the sidebar of Wordpress. I don't know why. Now that I'm back on Blogger, I can see when new posts are up.

I already feel lighter and free!

Freedom!

1 comments:

Miss `Chievous August 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM  

"Blog What You Live" and not "Live to Blog" Nice message! INspiring. I can't keep up with writing posts sometimes because I have a life to live. That makes me a little sad. But I have to live my life outside the blogging world.

Post a Comment

Share |