Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Monday, April 22, 2013

It was a TV show in the 90s hosted by Bill Cosby. I found the kids really cute and funny. Now that I have a kid of my own, I'm having fun with the things she says. I'm thinking ahead to when my daughter will ask me difficult questions about sex and babies. That came sooner than I thought.

She asked me one day, where did babies come from? I thought of my answer for a few seconds before saying that babies grow in their mommies tummies. I showed her pictures of me when I was pregnant and the video of the 3D ultrasound when I was about 6 months pregnant. Then I showed her pictures of us right after she was born and a video of her being wheeled out of the operating room where Daddy was waiting to see her. Fortunately for me that satisfied her and she didn't ask how she got into my tummy.

Next not so difficult question was when she saw a wedding photo of Mommy and Daddy. She asked where she was and I said she wasn't born yet. Why did you get married with my Daddy? Hmmm I said mommies and daddies are usually married before they have babies. There are times that they are not though because of many different reasons.

The most recent one, just last week, was who will marry me when I'm big? This made me stop and think hard. She's only four. Where did this question come from? I said not to worry about that yet because she will not get married until she's 35. Enjoy meeting and getting to know different people as she grows up. There will be bad people and good people. When it's time to marry choose a good person who loves God and is humble and kind. Somebody like Daddy. But not before you're 35! Haha!

I think the way to handle these questions is like applying for a US visa. Just answer the question and don't volunteer information :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share |