Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

A Quick Pick Me Up After a Long Day at Work

Friday, November 16, 2012

This is a quick post. It's that time of the year again, peak season and working long hours. After an especially long day yesterday, I dragged myself home too tired to do anything but go to bed. I had initially planned to go to the gym to work off all the food I ate from birthday celebrations at work but abandoned that plan.


Anyway, when I got home I saw the bedroom door closed, meaning the Twerp was probably asleep. I pushed open the door and saw her and Tita on the bed. I thought Via was already asleep but when I stepped inside the room, her eyes flew open, her face lit up and she quickly sat up. Then she gave me a kiss and a hug.


Mommy! Why did you take so long?


Right there I forgot how tired I was. This is what my Mommy friends have been telling me when I had no child yet and preoccupied with my dog, saying that dogs were just like children :) They said a smile, a hug from their child at the end of a long day makes them forget all the troubles and fatigue from the day.


Happy Weekend everyone!

14 comments:

Rosemarie/Gven-Rose November 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM  

Oh yeah! a hug from our kid/s recharge us...I get to have a lot of hugs from the little one when I am doing a lot of work at home...

Mommy Maye November 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM  

This is so true. When we don't have a son yet, our home is so quiet and all in order. When Matt came in, everything did change. You can always hear his voice screaming mommy and daddy, and see his toys around. But I agree, he is a stress reliever. His smile, hugs and kisses are all enough to remove all my worries, stress and tiredness.

Dominique@Dominique's Desk November 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM  

Kids really help us get through the day. They are really very good energy revitilizers.

Tin November 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM  

Aww, this is so sweet :)

January November 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM  

At the end of very busy working day, seeing my son when I get home all tiresome feelings just flew away.

Meikah YbaƱez-Delid November 22, 2012 at 2:08 AM  

I so know how that feels!!! :) Nothing compares to coming home to your family.

XyeXyrus November 22, 2012 at 3:22 AM  

Goodbye Stress! now that I'm home with my boys. :) I'm relieved.

Mylene November 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM  

yea, our kids make us forget our tiredness. Just a smile from them is enough for us to get going with our tasks.

Vera November 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM  

I had a taste of this when my nephew was here for three days last week. I would be sleepy getting home from work but because he was around, I get a burst of energy :)

ceemee November 23, 2012 at 1:57 AM  

Awww.... Moments like these really do make our heart melt.

Sanna November 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

Kids really have the power to lighten us up. Iwe are very, very lucky to be mothers!

Mommy Lexi November 23, 2012 at 9:27 PM  

So true! I've been really busy this week with my full time work, some part time jobs and blogging and yet I feel so energized everytime my son kisses and hugs me.

Rose November 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM  

Children's hugs, kisses and words are the greatest elixir one can always have. Best of all, it is free. :)

Pinay Ricamora January 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM  

A kiss and a hug releases all the stress!

Post a Comment

Share |