Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Our Stormy Coron, Palawan Holiday Part 3

Monday, August 13, 2012

We finally did the Coron Town tour on the last day of our Coron, Palawan holiday because of the bad weather. It wasn't really much. Just three stops. First was the Luawalhati Park. It's near the water and I can imagine sitting there on a warm summer afternoon with a good book. The zipline was already operational but we skipped it. It cost P400 per person (P500 with photo). Via wanted to do the zipline badly and kept on talking about it even after we got back to the hotel. She was too small though. It will have to wait.

Photobucket
Photobucket



We next went to Mt. Tapyas. It is so nice up there looking over the town. You feel removed from the bustle of the city. Away from work and thoughts of irs tax extension and preparation of taxes. Anyway, it was called Mt. Tapyas because one side of the mountain got blown off during the second World War. Hence the name "tapyas" (chipped). It's 724 steps to reach the top. I suddenly remembered taking the stairs to our condo unit on the 32nd floor a few times a week for exercise. The next time I did it, I counted 658 steps which took me less than 10 minutes. Climbing up Mt. Tapyas took longer because of the sudden downpours which had us scrambling up the steps to the next covered rest stop. The view was very nice at the top and if it wasn't for the incessant rain, we would have stayed longer. There was a nice place near the top, like a small park, where you can sit and maybe have a picnic because there were tables and benches. I guess a Coron, Palawan holiday is not complete without reaching the top of Mt. Tapyas.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
I wish I had a better camera instead of my point and shoot. There's a nice shot of the sun peeking through a hole in the clouds. No matter, after getting the filing of taxes out of the way with some tax advice, I will have time to look for a new camera. The trek down the mountain was easier and faster. Then we were off to the souvenir shop, our last stop. We bought refrigerator magnets, a back scratcher for Via, a wallet studded with shells and some native food stuff. We had a great time and hope to be back in better weather, like summer.

25 comments:

Aileen August 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM  

Wow, it's beautiful up there. I'd like to do that climb :-)

promding chamimay August 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM  

ohhh gloomy coron... i suggest you still go back when its all sunny in Coron... para mas maappreciate nyo kagandahan ng lugar... :-)


- visiting from BC Bloggers. :-)

Jhari August 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM  

That zipline looks scary. I never tried doing it, I wish to. But never had the opportunity.

Dominique@Dominique's Desk August 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

Lovely holiday pictures. Love the scenery with the mountain in the background.

Daddy Allan August 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM  

I want to try the zipline too. I just wish I had a budget for the trip. hehehe
-Daddy Allan (BC Blogger)

Gaylee August 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM  

Nice view! Yeah, would have been more fun if it wasn't raining but it's the quality time with family that counts.

Khim August 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM  

I can see that the weather is not very fine there because of the dark clouds, still you continue your escapade in palawan. Nice photos. :D Wish I can go there too.

ceemee August 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM  

I hope to go there someday! Glad you came back safe and sound with the rains and all.

Jessel August 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM  

I'm also currently planning our trip to Palawan on October. Your blog is really helpful.:)

Mylene August 15, 2012 at 4:30 AM  

I would also love to visit this place if budget and schedule permit us :)

Rikki Custodio August 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

Been to a number of stormy getaways for the past years and though some might think it's less fun missing the sun, i think it adds excitement and adventure to the whole thing which makes the whole experience a whole lot memorable :) you only have to be extra careful, though.

aby August 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM  

i dunno if its my internet connection or I just cant view your photos. too bad. :( did you enjoyed it even it's stormy?

Lady August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM  

Wow kudos to you and your family for still going out in this weather. Nainspire ako to do the same. Mas ok na din yung ganitong weather kesa yung super init. I can't wait for Ber months! Sana with less rain.

Wow your daughter is so brave! Adventure girl!

Jen August 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM  

I've never been to Palawan and would love to go there, too! I'll remember your notes about Mt. Tapyas.

You've got a really nice family picture there!

Thess Enriquez August 16, 2012 at 1:44 AM  

Coron is indeed a nice place. Like you, we were in Coron while it was raining. Wish I can be there again during summer!

Jellybelly,  August 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM  

Enjoy din inspite of the weather. It sure was an experience :)

Jellybelly,  August 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM  

You're right! It was more memorable :)

Jellybelly,  August 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM  

Yes we still had fun. It's the company that matters :)

Mommy Maye August 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM  

The zip line is breathtaking ha. I can't imagine myself hanging in there. Haha. Og palawan is really fantastic! I so want to go there.

Jellybelly,  August 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

Yes, I like Palawan. Might go back again maybe El Nido naman or Puerto Princesa :)

Rosemarie- Pinay Singlemom August 30, 2012 at 1:58 AM  

A friend invited me to try zip line few months ago but I declined as I have important matter to do that time.. Too bad, I didn't make it..

But anyway, good thing you guys had fun despite of the stormy weather

Jellybelly,  August 30, 2012 at 4:01 AM  

No matter the weather, it's the time with family that's important :)

Iris September 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM  

Coron looks gorgeous! Sayang you weren't able to fully appreciate the place. But at least you got some bonding time with the family! :)

Post a Comment

Share |