Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Our Stormy Coron, Palawan Holiday Part 2

Friday, August 10, 2012

Part 2 of our Coron, Palawan holiday is our Island Hopping tour. P actually wanted to postpone the island hopping to another day because of the rain but we were told that the Coast Guard has given clearance and besides, it wasn't really raining hard. A little drizzle is all so we went ahead. First stop is the rental for snorkels and goggles for P100. Then I saw aqua shoes and asked if I could rent one. The nice lady said she can lend them to me, no charge. We joined a Filipino couple and a German girl on the boat. The tour needs to have a minimum of five people. We all wore the life vests provided and was underway after the two guides brought the food on board.



Photobucket



First stop was Siete Pecados, a cluster of seven small islands. After anchoring the boat, the guide led us all off the boat. He had with him a rescue can much like the one we see lifeguard use on the show Baywatch. Anybody who didn't know how to swim or simply wanted to be pulled along can just hang on to it and he will pull everyone along behind him. So we had Via hold on to the rescue can with both hands along with the German girl. Daddy and I swam close just in case Via loses her grip on the rescue can. After leading us away from the boat, we started looking for fishes but a few moments later, big drops of rain poured down. It was suddenly dark and hazy and the current got strong. The guide headed back to the boat. The guide was wearing homemade outsized flippers made of plywood which helped him. He said at one time, he even pulled six Chinese tourists behind him.  At first I did not hold on to the rescue can because I wanted the guide to have an easier time especially with Via along. Only Daddy did, one hand on Via and one hand on the rescue can. The boat seemed very far away and I got tired after a while so I held on the rescue can as well. It seemed an interminable time before we got to the boat. I didn't realize we went so far. Via was okay though, kicking her legs throughout until we got back to the boat. Daddy was proud. The rest of the day was much of the same. Strong winds, heavy rain, turbulent waters but we went on with the island hopping. Via and I didn't get off the next islands though. I'm so disappointed to have missed seeing most of the fishes. I did get a chance to swim at our last stop, the Twin Lagoon.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Mercifully, we went back after the Twin Lagoon. No one in our group had energy to do any more snorkeling. I'll post the last part of our Coron, Palawan holiday, the Coron Town tour in Part 3.

1 comments:

itin August 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM  

I actually prefer to swim when the sky is about to roll down its tears. But how I wish I'd get to visit Palawan sometime in my life.

Post a Comment

Share |