Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Our Stormy Coron, Palawan Holiday Part 1

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finally, the much awaited moment is here! Daddy is home for three weeks. A break from hospital duty. The last time he was here, we weren't able to do anything since it was peak season at work. This time around, I wanted us to build memories. Via is growing up and it's good to have happy memories of time spent with family. I asked P if there was anything he wanted to see or do. He said he wanted to see Palawan. We are not beach lovers. I haven't even been to Boracay. Palawan suited us well. I immediately made arrangements based on my friend Pearl's Coron trip last May. I chose Coron, Palawan because two of my friends recently went there and would be able to provide suggestions as to what to see, do and where to eat. I also looked forward to soaking in the hot spring.

As the date of our trip came nearer, I was worried about the weather because the rains just wouldn't stop. On the day we left Manila, I thought the flight might be cancelled but it wasn't. Good thing because I really could not reschedule. The next weeks will be busy at work.

We stayed at Coron Ecolodge. Rooms are at P1,600/night with breakfast for two. It was comfortable enough and the staff were very gracious and helpful. However, because of the typhoon, there were several power outtages throughout our five-day stay. It's new though so it's clean. We got the package that was on their website for three days, two nights with Coron Town Tour and Coron Island Tour for P3,548/person. We just added two nights stay.

Photobucket

First on our itinerary was the Coron Town tour at 4 pm capped with a dip in the Maquinit Hot Springs. Because of the weather, it was suggested to leave the town tour for another day and just do the hot springs. We agreed. I was so looking forward to the hot springs. Our tricycle driver guide was there promptly at 3:45 pm. The front desk staff presented us with snacks of ham and cheese and bottled water and bid us to have a good time. It would take about 30 minutes to get to the hot springs.

It suddenty poured big drops of rain when we got there but no matter. We would get wet anyway. It's a good thing we skipped the town tour and it was still light. Otherwise, we wouldn't get decent photos with our point and shoot camera. I had worn my swimsuit underneath my clothes but nobody seemed to be wearing a swimsuit so I went in without taking my clothes off. Luckily, I brought an extra shirt. Behind us is the open sea. We were told that the hot springs sat on top of a volcano that had not fully formed which is where the hot water is coming from. There is a bridge that leads to a view of the sea behind us.

Photobucket>
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day was our Island Hopping tour which I will post in Part 2 of our Coron, Palawan holiday. Let me tell you that it felt like I had joined the Survivor reality show.

7 comments:

lina August 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM  

Good that you guys still enjoy the trip despite the bad weather.

Via is so cute in the first photo. :)

Jessica Cassidy August 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM  

I never went to Palawan yet but I heard it is a beautiful place to visit :-) I am glad that the Daddy got the break and spend quality time with the family :-) Dropping by from BC, so sorry this is a very late visit :-(

Jellybelly,  August 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

Thanks! Just being together was enough actually :)

Jellybelly,  August 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

It is! I hope to go back maybe in the summer :)

Pearl August 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM  

oh... didn't see that bridge, nice!

jenifer balatico August 16, 2012 at 4:55 AM  

They say PALAWAN is one of the best place to be, Wishing I can visit Palawan too :) -> miss JHENZ http://jeniferbalatico.blogspot.com/2012/08/pepper-n-mint-is-looking-for-online.html

Post a Comment

Share |