Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Ortigas Street Fiesta

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Last Sunday morning, the Twerp and I went over to Emerald Avenue in Ortigas Center to check out the Street Fiesta. I saw a flyer at work and though it would be fun for Via. Besides, it's free!

Photobucket

The whole length of Emerald Avenue was closed from end to end. There were tricycles and bicycles of all kinds. Right away Via wanted to get on the bike so we rented this two-seater for P60/15 minutes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were food from Bancheto. We didn't have much to eat for breakfast and we soon got hungry.Via found the crepe to her liking. I knew she would seeing as how it's topped with chocolates and sprinkles and chocolate syrup. We watched the making of our crepe and the finished product looked super.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After polishing off the crepe, we looked around at what else was there. There was a stand courtesy of Dong-a where children can choose a picture to color. They also had a contest with prizes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Via really doesn't like coloring. She never colors the whole thing just a dash of color here and there.

Photobucket



There was a puppet show with stories like David and Goliath, how to brush you teeth in the morning, etc. specially for children.

Photobucket

Hiphop dance class for grown ups and for kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Via and  both had fun. I hope they do this again.

Linking up with Food Trip Friday.

Happy Weekend!

18 comments:

reese June 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM  

its been weeks that i've been following your adventures...and its a delight reading all your posts
how old is via? she is so lucky she got a mom who let her daughter explore her sorroundings, daming natututunan ni via in the process
the ortigas street fiesta is wonderful, like the chocolate crepe!!!

the food dude June 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM  

Very cool crepe, nice fiesta!

Jellybelly,  June 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

She's 3 1/2. Since I'm a working Mom, my time with her is limited so I try to bring her with me wherever I go :)

Tetcha June 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM  

I live in Ortigas, but I didn't know about this. Poor me! Had I known, we would have visited, too! That's a delicious-looking chocolate crepe, by the way!

Jellybelly,  June 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM  

Too bad! I saw a lot of foreigners with their kids too, probably living around Ortigas.

Luna Miranda June 30, 2012 at 12:32 AM  

i worked in Ortigas Center for more than a decade but never went to Bancheto.:p looks like the kids enjoyed it...how's the food?

Ann (Misplaced Penh) June 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM  

Looks like you both had lots of fun! :) The crepes looked super delicious BTW! ;)

Jellybelly,  July 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM  

We only had the crepe and it delicious. I've never been to Bancheto as well. Been meaning to but never got around to it.

Mona July 1, 2012 at 6:55 AM  

For sure you both had fun, drooling with the crepe so mouth-watering!

Gene July 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM  

Is this a weekly event? I want to go there for Banchetto, and to ride bikes for my little girl. :D

Oliver Ramos July 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM  

Since you are a full time working during this time wherein there is a opportunity to grab, this is an amazing activity to do with your kids! New on this site and thanks for sharing this activity unto us. Looking forward for your next post by the way the crepe that is really good to see here in my computer. ;-)

rachelle July 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM  

looks cool and fun! I guess if we're there we would have gone and join in the celebration.

Bonz July 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM  

i want to taste that chocolate crepe! :)
looks like that it was a fun day!

seth July 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM  

Too bad I don't know of this event. I hope they will organize one like this soon.

cheerful July 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM  

this sounds fun and a great weekend. :) the crepe looks so yummy and loaded with toppings, kids will really love that I think. hope they will have another one this month. visiting from FTF, hope you can visit me back. thanks and have a great week. :)

Jellybelly,  July 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM  

Yes it was fun! Toppings chosen by the little one obviously, lots of sugar haha

promding chamimay July 12, 2012 at 6:28 AM  

wow chocolate crepe!!! loooove!!!

www.promdingchamimay.com

Sumi July 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM  

This seemed like a really nice activity for parents and children to bond.. :) Via looked like she had fun.. ^^

Post a Comment

Share |