Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Becoming Social

Monday, May 14, 2012

Since the Twerp is an only child, I've been thinking about her social development. I'm an only child and I've always been very shy. Even now I prefer a small group rather than an big crowd. I would like for Via to be more outgoing than I was. I was glad she had regular playmates when she turned 2, a boy and a girl. They live in the same building we do and they're all close in age. Only a month older than Via, both of them. However, the little boy had to migrate with his family last December. Now, the little girl will be moving away as well. It's a good thing she's going to pre-school now and she has a friend there.


Last weekend, we met up with relatives at the mall during a three-day sale. I wasn't planning on going anywhere near the sale but we hardly ever get to see our relatives and it beats the heat at home. This summer heat aggravates Via's allergies which she seemed to have inherited from me. I think she has my allergic rhinitis. I need to buy da buddha vaporizer for our home to help with Via's breathing problems at times. Anyway, Via got to see her cousins, a 6-year old boy and a 2-year old girl. She latched onto them and walked around the mall with them, especially Kuya. It's great how kids get together and understand each other in their own way. They had fun and a lot of loud laughter from all of them.


Photobucket


So far, she's not showing any of the shyness that I had for which I'm really happy. She does have moments of crying when she can't express herself but for the most part she communicates well. It's really the right time to start pre-school.

2 comments:

Spanish Pinay May 15, 2012 at 7:35 AM  

I'm sure Via will enjoy pre-school! :)

Spanish Pinay

helena June 7, 2012 at 2:54 AM  

i am an extremely shy person and i am always amazed at sociable kids. but then, it's not really a bad thing to be shy; it's just a bit more challenging especially since gregariousness is more rewarded typically.

Post a Comment

Share |