Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Surprise!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Saturday afternoon I logged onto Facebook to check on my kingdom. That's about all the use I have for Facebook, playing games. Anyway, I had a message and was I surprised to see that it was from a friend who's been living in the US for years now. I had no idea she would be coming here. She wanted to meet up. Well of course! I called up our other friend and we both went to meet up with her the next day.

She's one of my dearest friends. She knows everything I've been through in my life and was very supportive. We were, all three of us tellers together in a commercial bank. I think it was the first job for all of us.

Where to go? Where else but eat. She wanted to have halo-halo so we went to Dayrit's in Tomas Morato to eat and catch up.

Photobucket

The humongous halo-halo. Too late when I remembered we should have taken her to Razon's if it was halo-halo she wanted. We were just so eager to find a place to sit and talk and Dayrit's was the first place I thought to go.

Photobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket



After spending several hours at Dayrit's, we took her back to where she was staying which was beside SM San Lazaro. We were hungry again when we got there so we ate again. This time at Mang Inasal's in SM. We were reminiscing how we used to love eating at Bacolod Chicken House in Intramuros.

Photobucket

It was a very short time we spent together but grateful nevertheless for it. It's going to be years before we see each other again.

By the way, I have really neglected this blog. I've been so busy with many things, 24 hours just don't seem enough. Hopefully, I will be able to catch up soon.

3 comments:

Spanish Pinay April 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM  

oh, i love reunions like this. I'm far from my very dear friends in Manila so I can totally relate!

Spanish Pinay

lina April 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM  

FB is sure great to find long lost friends! :)

Post a Comment

Share |