Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Drowning in Work

Friday, October 7, 2011

The much awaited dreaded month (October) is here which means work in my office goes into high gear. My co-workers and I have mixed feelings about it. We dread the long work hours including weekends but we love the overtime pay. So we just focus on the good part.


The good news is Daddy is here to visit! He arrived this morning unannounced (well I knew he was coming but kept it a secret so Via will be surprised). Via was a little disoriented at first and could only stare at Daddy but after a while she wrapped her arms around him. She was so excited that we couldn't get her to go back to sleep. Here they sit "chatting."


Photobucket


Daddy gave us a little something from Indonesia. I got a nice pashmina/batik shawl and a coffee mug and organic Bali coffee.


Photobucket


Photobucket


I like that his gifts always show how he chooses them carefully taking note of what we like. Because it's so cold at work I like having a lot of shawls to keep me warm and I also love a cup of coffee in the morning. He's not showy but his thoughtfulness comes through his actions. That's it from happy, happy me :) Happy weekend everyone!


Linking up with Food Trip Friday!


 

14 comments:

Pearl October 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

that's an adorable photo, it captured Via's happiness in seeing her dad :-)

lina October 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

This will be a great weekend for you and Via, for sure. :)

How long will he be there before returning to Indonesia?

I hop you don't have to work overtime while he's here. That would be such a bummer.

admin,  October 7, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

Yes Lina, we'll sure make the most of it. He'll be here about 3 weeks :)

admin,  October 7, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

I agree Ninang :)

Luna Miranda October 8, 2011 at 1:07 AM  

and you have to work?!
well, at least you can share coffee with our hubs in the morning.:p

Dhemz October 8, 2011 at 4:18 AM  

I love reunion...so cute nang mag ama....:) ganda naman nang mug.

Lisa D October 8, 2011 at 5:26 AM  

new follower from the hop ;)

Tetcha October 8, 2011 at 5:31 AM  

That's so sweet and thoughtful of your husband to give you something you needed and wanted. You're a lucky girl! Thanks for visiting my FTF entry!

discoveringtheme October 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

Good luck with work! But enjoy your time together!

Shydub October 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

The mug is really nice. Keep the positive vibes and like you said focus on the good part

Rcel October 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM  

I love those souvenirs! They are worth treasuring! The first picture is so sweet! :) Daddy-daughter chat...

Late visiting for FTF. My share is the Sweet Potato Roll transformed into a Birthday Cake. Lol. You are welcome to stop by mine too! Thanks!

Kitty Kate October 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

Those are lovely souvenirs from Indonesia and makes me wonder how the coffee tastes like.. Thanks for dropping by A Slice of Kate.

MoM from Manila October 12, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

first, thanks for dropping by my entry and I hoped you enjoy my food story..

that's such a nice mug and i bet the coffee is also good...

i hope you don't mine me asking you to write about Cancer Awareness Campaign...it's for a good cause!

All Natural Katie October 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

The pashmina/batik shawl sounds beautiful! I have a pashmina scarf and I always carry it around.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower!

Post a Comment

Share |