Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Disney Live! Mickey's Musical Festival

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanks to my friend N, we got to see Mickey's Musical Festival for free yesterday at the Araneta Coliseum.  The show featured popular Disney characters like Aladdin and Princess Jasmine, Under the Sea's Arielle and the lobster watsisname :) and Toy Story. Via sat quietly on Daddy's lap at first during the introduction done by Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy. Mickey did his usual spiel but we missed "Plutol."  He wasn't in the show.

Photobucket


Photobucket



Daddy got her to sit in her own chair just when Under the Sea was coming on. She's not that familiar with Arielle but she liked the dancing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But when Aladdin and Jasmine came on, she stood near the railing, completely engrossed in the show. She knows the story from her Disney videos.

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was a great experience for her, first time to watch a musical on stage. There were souvenir items for sale at the lobby area and P wondered why they put a foreigner in charge there. People would be shy to ask how much the items were and true enough, nobody even went near there. Since Via did not seem interested, we didn't go near there either. I don't want her to get into a habit of asking me for souvenir items or shopping for things that will end up as clutter.

Saturday night we played badminton with this queuing group we usually play with. When P left last June, I only played badminton at the office because I didn't feel like joining our usual groups. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing competitive games with different players. First time back playing here and he got invited right away to partner with this trainer in our queuing group to partner him in a tournament. He had to decline though.

All in all we had a happy weekend just being a family again.

11 comments:

lina October 10, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

How fun! Via sure looks engrossed watching. :)

arlene October 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM  

Bea was also there yesterday =)

admin,  October 11, 2011 at 12:42 AM  

Talaga? Sana we bumped into each other :)

admin,  October 11, 2011 at 12:42 AM  

Yep, she sure did :)

Judy,  October 11, 2011 at 6:39 AM  

That was a fun day for your daughter! I know your daughter had so much fun watching Mickey! My daughter loves when we take her to see Walt Disney on Ice and The Circus too. Thanks for visting my blog. Have a great day:)

Jeanette October 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

This looks like so much fun! Gotta love Disney, they know how to put on a show!! :) Thanks for popping by My Own Four Corners; I am now happily following you back! Cheers!

imriz October 12, 2011 at 6:41 AM  

aw, inggitz si little miss dito sa tabi ko,saan daw ba ang araneta,,, hi hi, mahirap kz ang promdi, madalang makaluwas ng maynila...love pa nman nia si ariel :)

Dhemz October 12, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

I've never been to a live disney musical show...serious na serious ang little girl.

Sarah October 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am following back!

The Single Nester October 14, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

I love watching children's faces at events such as this. To be young again when things are so simple.

The Pepperrific Life October 16, 2011 at 3:52 AM  

My daughter and I were there and enjoyed the show immensely! :)

Post a Comment

Share |