Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Movie Date with The Twerp

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've been meaning to bring the Twerp to watch The Smurfs movie which started showing here in Manila around the second week of August. However, I had to work a couple of weekends, so no movie for her. Last Sunday we finally went on our "date"  :) Cars 2 is already showing and I asked her which movie she wanted to watch? The Smurfs or Cars 2? She chose Cars 2! Good thing cos The Smurfs was not being shown anymore.

I got us a bucket of popcorn and C2 for me. We came in just as the movie trailers were being shown so we know which movies to watch out for next. I noticed that animated movies for children nowadays aren't really for children anymore. They can be scary, at least for little kids. Trailers were shown for Winnie the Pooh, Puss in Boots and Adventures of Tintin. She got scared of Puss in Boots and moved to sit on my lap, instead of her own seat, and hid her face on my neck. She surfaced when Cars started but the opening was also kind of scary. A sorta mission impossible scene. She finally sat and watched when Lightning McQueen came on the screen. She knows Lightning McQueen from playing with a Cars puzzle on Daddy's ipad.

Photobucket



She did enjoy the movie but stayed on my lap until the end. I took her picture after the movie but she looks like she's ready for a nap. We went home soon after.

Disney seems to be targeting a wider audience for its animated movies that the storyline and some scenes become scary for little children. They really need to be guided and the scenes explained so they don't get nightmares after. There's a nice message though about valuing true friends and not judging people based on the way they look.


10 comments:

lina August 31, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

I'm going to see Cars 2 this weekend with my son too. :)

Pearl August 31, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

a movie date! i like doing that also with my kids :-)

Working Mommy August 31, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

Even though she was ready for a nap, it looks like she had a great time! How was the movie?? I want to take Lulu, but I don't know if she will sit still long enough!

WM

admin,  September 1, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

I enjoyed it and I think the Twerp did too! :)

Sharla September 1, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

I didn't take the kids to see that one, but may rent it when it's out on video. It's good to know that there are some scary parts in the beginning. Thanks for the information.

carinamodella September 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

same thing with my little girl, she fells asleep while watching the movie :) cars is a nice movie too, we're actually choosing also between smurfs and cars but the kids prefer to choose the first one.
btw, thank you for leaving comments on my posts.

admin,  September 1, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

i guess a movie is too long of them toddlers :)

Amy @ A Little Nosh September 3, 2011 at 5:38 AM  

I wasn't too happy with Cars2. There was way too much shooting and blowing things up...not the kind of stuff I want my three-year-old to see.

Krystyn September 3, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

I thought this was a little more violent than necessary, too!

The Pepperrific Life September 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

My daughter and I got to see the Smurfs, and she loved it! We are planning to catch Cars 2 this weekend.

Yup, they don't make movies like they used to.

Post a Comment

Share |