Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

A Busy Week

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

P needs to go back to his native Indonesia for his medical internship. The Twerp and I went with him to immigration to secure his exit clearance. Bad timing as it was the start of the school year and many foreign students were rushing to get their visas and other requirements done. We got there shortly before lunchtime and finished just before 5pm. On the plus side, we got to eat at Bacolod Chicken House again for their super chicken inasal (barbecue).



We didn't realize how hungry we were. Between the two of us. We kept on adding to our orders with extra garlic rice and additional chicken. We ended up devouring 3 chicken breasts and 5 garlic rice.

With his exit clearance done, we now have to tackle the packing. I can almost imagine how much over the allowed baggage weight his luggage is going to be. The medical books alone must weigh a ton. On the plus side, this is a good time to do housecleaning as well and get rid of unwanted catalogs. We have accumulated a lot of magazines, catalogues, and knick knacks aside from all the Twerp's toys, coloring books and other stuff. I've always been mindful about accumulating things since we are renting. It's difficult and I'm surprised despite my efforts to continually get rid of stuff, there's more of them. I've now been reluctant to sign up for anything that has to do with selling stuff to avoid these unwanted catalogues and Reduce Junk Mail.

I'm also feeling sad because I'm used to P being around and depending on him. I can't imagine how the families of overseas workers cope with missing their loved one. I'm about to find out. Going with him is not an option just yet. I'm especially concerned about Via. He's become such a Daddy's girl that Daddy can't take a step away from her without her crying Daddy...Daddy. She's going to miss their swims and malling, just Daddy and the Twerp.

         

Somehow, even with modern technology, texting, cheaper phone calls, skype, etc. it's just not the same as his presence. I'm sure we'll get used to it eventually. When schedule permits he will come and visit or we can go visit him.

6 comments:

lina June 7, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

I hope all goes well, with your family.

How long is the internship? Do you have any plans to relocate to Indonesia afterwards?

jellybelly June 8, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Hi Lina, we haven't made any long term plans. It's still all up in the air for now. It will be hard at first but we'll have to get used to it.

Tetcha June 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Days go by so fast, so before you know it, he's here again or you're there with him.

Catherine June 11, 2011 at 12:13 AM  

Wishing you and your family all the best. Blessings, Catherine

I Love-Hate America by Bing June 11, 2011 at 4:05 AM  

It's really different when there is the "presence" , but I know you can hang on in there, and Via will get used to it.
I'd been with a long distance relationship with my husband just a few months ago....and we were glad it renewed and struck more passion and love in our marriage.

jellybelly June 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Thank you for all the encouraging words.

@Bingkee: It's really great to know that being apart for awhile has made your marriage stronger.

Post a Comment

Share |