Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Weekend at Hotel H2O

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One of the choices for our office outing this year is Hotel H2O. We always have 2-3 choices, either at a beach, a resort or a hotel. I always choose the hotel because I don't really like the beach and driving out of town in such a hassle. Maybe when the Twerp is a little older. For now, I chose to join the Hotel H2O outing because I want Via to see Manila Ocean Park. The hotel is located inside the park.

To maximize our stay, we headed for the hotel right after church service. I've never been there before so locating the hotel took a little time. The layout of the place is not easy to figure out the first time around. We checked in around 12:30pm. I was surprised to see how big our room was. I checked the internet later and found out it was the Premier Suite!


It had two rooms, a bedroom and a living room; two bathrooms, one with a bath tub and shower; two LCD TVs, and lots of freebies. Everything in the fridge was free!


Via checked out everything in the room from the phones, the lights, the TV remote, hiding behind the curtains....she loved the bathtub!





 

The room had a great view of Manila Bay and the sunset.


Free use of the business center but it was hard connecting to the internet. The server was very slow.


Hotel service was great from check in to check out. All the rooms were amazing. The Aqua rooms had an aquarium which goes through all the Aqua rooms. It was great but the room was very small and kind of claustrophobic. There was also a room with a jacuzzi instead of a bath tub.


Manila Ocean Park is not very big and can be disappointing if you've already been to others abroad. But it's fun for children. Via got to feed the fishes....



See the crocodile.....

And this aquarium tunnel......

We enjoyed our hotel stay and the Oceanarium. However, the hotel's restaurant, Makan-Makan Asian Food Village was very disappointing.




It was set up like hawker stalls in Singapore. Considering the restaurant theme, I was eager for the Nasi Lemak and other Asian dishes. It wasn't authentic at all and I noticed all the cook were Filipinos. How can it be authentic then? The service was also lousy. The waiters did not seem to have training. For breakfast, I asked for a Vegetable Omelet at the Egg Station since P does not eat pork and hardly any meat. When it came, it had ham in it. The waiters were not smiling and seemed harassed. When I asked for the bill it was three times more that my estimate. Turned out the waiter gave us the wrong bill. Lesson: always check your restaurant bills before paying.

8 comments:

lina May 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

I really like the room! And with such a great view too!

jellybelly May 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

@Lina: Yeah, I'd love to be in that room when it's raining.

Pearl May 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

wow, very nice room, i would love to take photos of sunset from that room... :-) Via must have enjoyed her stay there.

I Love-Hate America by Bing May 14, 2011 at 3:27 AM  

I love that window view. I'm glad you had a nice stay there.

Tetcha May 17, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

Really, all the food inside the fridge is free? That's awesome! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay there.

jellybelly May 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

Hi Bingkee, I loved the window too :)

Hi Tetcha, I was surprised myself, I called the reception to check that they were indeed free ;-)

Post a Comment

Share |