Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

The Twerp's First Day at Pre-school

Monday, April 11, 2011

I enrolled my two-year old daughter for pre-school summer classes to give her a chance to be with children her own age and develop social skills. I noticed that she's bit shy.

Today is the first day and I took time off from work to be with her. She joined the class for 2.5 y.o and below. To break the ice, the children were encouraged to play with the toys scattered around for that purpose.







After the children seemed to have gotten comfortable, they were gathered in front of the teacher for story telling.



After story telling, the children were asked to take seats at the table and given kangaroo cutouts to color.




While coloring, the school directress came in and asked me if it was alright to transfer Via to the other class of older children. It seemed she was the oldest in this class, the next one being 2 years old. Via is 2 years and 4 months. But, she told me, Via would be the youngest in the other class because the children there were turning 3 years old. I said it's fine since I noticed what they would be doing in the first class was too simple for Via now.

We entered while they were telling a story at the next class and Via blended right in. This class is smaller and has only about 7 students. Perfect!


Then came the break. The children took their bags from the shelves and got their snacks out.



After the break, the made a panda bear which was the topic of the story telling.


Before we knew it, first day was over. I let her play a little bit at the play area at the reception before we headed home.

9 comments:

lina April 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Was she excited on entering pre-kindie?

Looks like she made plenty of friends and had fun there. :)

jellybelly April 11, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

Hi Lina, she didn't understand what school was at first but I think now she'll look forward to it. First day was a success! :)

I Love-Hate America by Bing April 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM  

I remember my nephews when they first entered pre-school, they were so excited that they woke up earlier than their parents on the 1st day of school.
Twerp will be making a lot of friends and I'm sure she'll get the concept of school soon.

verabear April 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

This reminded me of my first day at nursery! Yes, funny but I can still remember it. In my mind I have a picture of the dress I wore and the girl I met - she wore the same kind of dress but then she was transferred to another class so I never got to see her again. that was so long ago but I have a memory of it.

I hope your little girl loves school! :)

jellybelly April 13, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

Hi Bing, I sure hope it will help her get used to being around people.

@Verabear, amazing that you can remember that far back!

meretrisha April 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

wow... seeing how well behaved and attentive your toddler looked in the picture, she didn't seem like a two year old to me. good job, mom!

carinamodella April 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

ang cute naman ng twerp mo...ang sipag pang mag-aral :)

jellybelly April 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Thanks Carina! Maaga pa pero gusto ko masanay sa ibang tao. Walang kasing kalaro.

Post a Comment

Share |