Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Class Reunion

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

photo from wikipedia
Facebook is responsible for most of these reunion frenzy we are having. To date my elementary batch has had about 6 reunions since August last year alone. Now UST's quadricentennial celebration has spurred another round of reunions, this time my high school batch. I have not attended a single reunion until now. I'm still in touch with my close friends from elementary, high school and college. We don't need a school reunion to see each other.

So I've been content to simply look at the photos in facebook which keeps me updated on everyone anyway. I have no urge to reconnect face to face with them. But last night, in the spirit of UST's quadricentennial celebration, I decided to go. 


Only 10 of us attended from our section. Since most of my elementary schoolmates went to high school (me included) across the street, I got to see some of them as well. It was surprisingly fun.

7 comments:

meretrisha February 3, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

me, too, i'd love to see my old classmates back in elementary. it's nice to see the changes in our looks and to keep up with what's happening in each of our lives.
btw friend, i've already posted the award you gave me like eons ago. thanks!

Tetcha February 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

I have attended high school reunion last year, college reunion the year before, and hopefully elementary reunion this year. It feels good to see your classmates after so long. I also graduated from UST (college), so that makes us both Thomasians.

jellybelly February 4, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

Meretrisha, I haven't gone to any reunion until now. It's so much fun pala :)

Techa! Galing! You're also a Thomasian. I went to UST high school and college.

carinamodella February 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

It's so amazing to meet old friends back in highschool. I used to get in touch with my HS batchmates because of facebook also.

It's Me February 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

Hello dear friend.. blog hop and drop EC here.. :) i hope you can visit my blog too :)

lina February 7, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

How great to meet old chums. :)

I Love-Hate America by Bing February 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

That's why I love Facebook because it enables me to reconnect with old friends and friends long gone that I've been missing and looking for...and you're right, since FB became popular, it has become an avenue for class reunions.

Post a Comment

Share |