Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Finding Comfort

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just like adults, children have their own ways of finding comfort. Adults may find comfort in food, shopping for clothes, or going to a spa for pampering. Children have their pacifiers, stuffed toys or baby binky.

When Via was an infant, I bought her a soft, red, stuffed puppy intending for it to accompany her in bed when she gets older and provide her comfort. Since then she has accumulated quite a few stuffed toys as gifts and one by one they became the favorite until a new one comes along. This stuffed sheep became her favorite for a long time until Elmo came along.

None of these stuffed toys, however, became her comfort when she goes to bed at night. When she was a few months old and still unable to hold her milk bottle, we held it for her while she held onto our fingers. As she got older, the habit stayed with her. Now when she goes to sleep at night or takes her milk in the bottle, she has to hold onto my hand until she falls asleep. Lately, it's more than hand holding. She would put her arms around me or Daddy until she fell asleep. It's really so sweet but when it's time for her to have her own bed, I imagine we will have a hard time during the transition. For now though, I'm enjoying those little chubby arms around my neck.

5 comments:

I Love-Hate America by Bing October 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

When I was a kid, I once had a pillow which serves as my "security blanket." I didn't have a stuffed toy.

jellybelly October 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Oh I had a pillow too made by my Mom. The pillow she stuffed with old stockings (which made it kinda hard), and the pillow case made of basketweave cloth with my name cross stitched on it. I had it until adulthood :)

Zezebel October 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Cute. Maybe we too had that kind of problem when we are young, maybe need to asked my mother about it when She is home,

goodiebox October 31, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

hi, following you from entrecard.

http://mygoodiebox.blogspot.com

hope you follow back!

tiga cdo ako by the way :)

juliet November 2, 2010 at 2:33 AM  

Hello! This may be off-topic but I must let you know that I appreciate your EC drops for the month of October. Thank you so much!

All Things Juliet

Post a Comment

Share |