Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Helping Hand

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My daughter loves to imitate us grown ups at home. Whatever it is we're doing, she also wants to do it. She especially likes helping with household chores. Of course she is unable to do the job well but I encourage her whenever she wants to help out. It will get her used to helping around the house but more than that, being able to contribute will make her feel important and accomplished.

Whenever she spills her drink, she runs to get a hand towel to wipe it up. Probably because I always freak out when she makes a mess. "Via, see the mess. Mommy needs to clean it up now." She knows how to "tapon" trash in the waste basket. I shower her with praises whenever she does these things and tell her what it was she did that got her praised. "Very gooooood Via Boo." It's a great way to learn.

Toddlers don't have an idea of what is play or work. They just want to be involved and do what adults do. Simple tasks in which toddlers can help are watering plants, asking them to get specific items such as Daddy's shoes, and setting the table.

9 comments:

hahpiness August 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

agree. :) my daughter has only touch our walis tambo for 5 seconds siguro because my husband freaks out. anything na commonly used sa kitchen, untouchable ng daughter ko. LOL. over nga e.

sis buy Via the cleaning tools pero feeling ko mas trip nya ang totoo. haha. di ba meron yan sa mga market ang small walis? cute!

jellybelly August 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

ay oo nga sis...good idea yung baby sized walis :)

anne August 25, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

your kid is such a cutie, hehehe she reminds me of my Faith, lol she also wanted to help the household chores.

Mhar's Display August 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Diligent little girl :)

Marms

HiPnCooLMoMMa August 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

why Via Boo? Ano yung Boo?

soya gandang training yan =)

jenn August 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

My 8 year old daughter still loves to clean. My 13 year old...not so much! lol!

Jenny H August 26, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

Oh, if only we could keep them in that state of excited exploration when it comes to household chores. I can't get my fifteen-year-old to clean her room to save my life.

MommaLira August 27, 2010 at 3:04 AM  

Such a cutie. My lil one does the same/ Mocks everything I do...

A mom's note

Post a Comment

Share |