Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Typhoon!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Typhoon Basyang was expected to hit Manila at 11PM last night. Storm signal no. 1 was up. It was right on schedule. The power went out around midnight and I heard howling of the wind and banging of the doors of the units in our building. I had hoped that power outtage would only last an hour or so. However, morning came, I was getting ready for work and still no electricity. Via had a restless night and was drenched in sweat when she woke up. I decided to bring Via and her caregiver to the office for breakfast. It was storm signal no. 2 in Manila and kids from elementary to high school had no classes.

We had breakfast of vegetable omelet, jamon and fried rice for me, beans and fresh milk for the Twerp, and bread with cheese and coffee for her caregiver. I left them in the cafeteria after breakfast. I later found out that my officemate's son was also at the office and that there was a blackout throughout Metro Manila. I decided to move Via to where my officemate's son was staying, at the lobby, so they could play. When we got to the lobby, there were so many children! Apparently we all had the same idea of having our kids stay at the office where there's electricity and it's cool.

The Twerp had fun playing with the "big" kids. After lunch, I brought them back to the lobby but after the lunchtime crowd was gone from the cafeteria, they went back there so the Twerp could nap. She looked exhausted from the rough night.



I sure hope the power comes back on so we don't have to go through hot, uncomfortable, sleepless night again. Meralco, the power company twitted that only 20% of power has been restored so far. They're charging atrocious rates for electricity, they should move faster and restore power in Manila.

4 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa July 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

kami sakto 1 day, power was restored 11 pm the following day.

we went to the mall and watched Knight and Day para maiwasan ang init sa house

jellybelly July 16, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Girlie, kami din 11PM the next day. Grabe. Kala ko dalhin ko ulit si Via sa office the next day.

meretrisha July 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

good to know the power is back now. we've also experienced power outage overnight here in cebu even though we're not directly hit by the typhoon

Russ July 17, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

Glad I read the comments. Glad to see the power is on. Having no power is the worse. Hope the twerp is doing well.

Post a Comment

Share |