Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

When Babies Get Sick

Friday, June 4, 2010

103F fever that came and went and rashes that spread from head to foot! Poor baby! How can a mother keep calm? I don't want to be one of those mothers who rush to the emergency room at the slightest thing. P told me it's viral, nothing to worry about and it will go away in 3-5 days. Just give paracetamol if there's fever. Check the temperature every 4 hours and give her plenty of fluids. Spoken like a real doctor :)

Easy for you to say I keep thinking. You're not here seeing her with red spots on her face and feeling her burning with fever. It assured me somehow that I can text him in the middle of the night and he would know what to do. The thing is, I still went to the ER yesterday afternoon. That was the fourth day of the fever and the rashes looked really bad. I wanted to rule out dengue.

I like going to the ER because you get test results immediately. No more stress waiting around for the results of tests. Final verdict? Could be viral or a side effect of her MMR vaccine last week. Either way treatment is the same. Paracetamol every 4 hours if there's fever and lots of fluids. I can already hear P saying, I told you so!

2 comments:

Dhemz June 5, 2010 at 6:19 AM  

awwwwwww....poor little girl..hope she's feeling better now....:)

thanks for following mami dear...have followed you too!

Denesa June 6, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

Hope your little one is recovering well.

Post a Comment

Share |