Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Alone with the Twerp

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last Saturday, the Twerp's caregiver asked to have time off until Sunday afternoon. Since she rarely took time off, I agreed. Daddy had hospital duty early Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Via and I were alone for the first time excepting the time I was on maternity leave.

I wasn't worried because Via has a good temperament. She never gave me a hard time. I always make it a point to explain what we're doing, why we're doing it, and how it's done. I took her with me to the office because it was my turn to keep watch the badminton clinic our club was having. So we watched the training a bit including a singles game between Coach Lloyd Escoses and one of his trainers. Via squealed and clapped at all the right moments. She seems to understand the game.

We ate at the food court in Robinson's Galleria because it's hard to cook for one person and I don't eat leftovers. I had pancit Malabon and I got Via chopsuey. Our hunger sated, we headed for home. It was early evening. We had time to play a little then took a bath, her favorite because she gets to play with water. Our water bill has increased quite a bit the last few months.

Then off to bed. She was asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. Poor baby looked exhausted. We slept early and woke up around 7 or so. I made tapsilog for breakfast in case Daddy was hungry when he got home from hospital duty and wanted a substantial meal. Via had scrambled egg with rice. We still avoid having salt and oil in her food and absolutely no sugar. The we played a bit again but she got sleepy soon after and took a nap. 

Daddy came home late that morning while Via was napping. So ended my time alone with the Twerp. I absolutely enjoyed it.

3 comments:

hahpiness June 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

nothing can replace the time being with your daughter, for sure.

HiPnCooLMoMMa July 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

no sugar? seriously kaya nya? nakakain na ba ng candy si Via?

joy July 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

wow! cute new layout!

Post a Comment

Share |