Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Will the Telephone Help My Toddler to Talk?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Children really love to play make believe. One of the things Via loved to do was play with the telephone. She would pretend talking animatedly to somebody.

Now she's not satisfied with pretending anymore. She wants me to actually dial a number, hear it ring and somebody saying hello. Nobody uses the landline much anymore and I could not find a landline number for any of my friends or relatives. Funny that! What we did was call voicemails of my friends and she left very, very long messages. They were so amused after hearing Via's "message" and said Via can call anytime she wants. I also dialled Chowking delivery and let Via "order" since I kinda have a beef about their delivery service.

I think this will also help her to talk. I've begun calling Via from work during the day and talking to her to let her get used to hearing words and sentences. Practice, practice, practice!

5 comments:

Dhemz May 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

very well said...so cute!

meretrisha May 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

she is so cute! how old is she again? my one year old would also love to listen to someone speak to her over the telephone and then she would talk back in her own baby words

jellybelly May 26, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

She's now one year and six months. I guess they all like to talk on the phone at that age :)

meretrisha May 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

oh.. my daughter's one year and two months now.. lapit lang ano?

*MrsMartinez* June 1, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Via is such a doll!
xoxo

Post a Comment

Share |