Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Learning to Talk

Friday, April 23, 2010

We have been trying to teach Via simple words since she turned 1 but until now, she only knows a few words like Baby, Daddy, Mommy, Diba?, her name, and last night, the word happy. She's now 16 months and I'm worried about her language development. I know that all children are different and they develop at their own pace. Just the mommy in me keeps on worrying.


She's quite talkative but we don't understand what she's saying. It's frustrating sometimes because I feel that she's really trying to tell me something or explaining something.

I taught her to say her name when asked, "what's your name?" She learned it after about a month of repetition but lately she doesn't reply. It's as if she's tired of that lesson since she already knows it. I can feel that she understands exactly what is happening and what's being asked of her she just doesn't feel like following or responding.

Teaching toddlers anything really requires a lot of patience and I am learning to have more of that virtue.

9 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa April 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

cute naman ng itsura ni Twerpie. si soya patient? dati pa di ba? ^_^

mamalira April 24, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

I was like you, too, when my lil one was her age but after a month or so she just started talking and talking.

A mom's Note

babyjourney April 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

It is hard not to worry :) But try not too. My son is 18 months old and had few words when he was 16 months but suddenly just decided that he wanted to talk and talk and talk :)

We taught him baby signs as well :) That helped us a lot.

*MrsMartinez* April 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM  

Don't stress yourself. Via will talk when she is ready ; )
xoxo

Makoy April 25, 2010 at 2:58 AM  

Hello there! This is Makoy of the Certified Pinoy Blogger. I have a new contest titled "Humor Me Makoy Contest." I am giving away a total of $300 cash prize. I hope you can join the contest. Visit www.makoyskie.com and click the contest logo on the right sidebar for more details.

Thank you very much and hope to see you!

makoy :)

imelda April 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

shes cute despite the face thats looks "trying hard"

jellybelly April 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. I will wait for that day when she decides to talk :)

@Imelda: haha in the picture she was trying to tell me something in her gibberish. it was quite a long story :)

David Tamayo April 28, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

It will all come in time. One day everything will just click. We use both Tagalog and English in our household and sometimes even Ilocano. They say that i households that have more than one language speech development can be a little slow. Do not worry. She looks and sounds extremely bright. ;o)

EihdraG May 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

It differs with some kids, so there's nothing to worry about.Talking or uttering words might be delayed because other stages were first developed. Don't fret if you don't understand what she's saying. My son is now 2 1/2 and have spoken many words but still there are times when we don't understand him..Best of all, cherish every moment for it will come only once..
Thanks for the comment re my special son. It means so much too us when people gives us encouraging words..

Post a Comment

Share |