Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

The Biggest Loser Challenge

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Four friends from work and myself decided to have our version of the biggest loser. It was actually instigated by me. I was afraid it would be difficult to lose all the weight I gained from my pregnancy. I gained 42 lbs! Two weeks after giving birth though, I lost 28 lbs but I still had 14 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 130 lbs. So on with the challenge.
We began on January 2, 2009. The challenge was to run for 6 months, ending on June 30. Each of us would give P1,000 to the pot so the winner will get P5,000. We would weigh ourselves every end of the month to check our progress using the weighing scale at the gym in the office. It was up to us how we would lose the weight. Whether to go on a diet, work out in the gym or take up a sport. Taking slimming tea, herbal drinks and the like was also okay. Anything invasive though was not allowed (for example: liposuction).

On June 30 though, the biggest weight lost was only 5 lbs and 3 challengers actually gained weight! So we decided to extend the challenge to September 30. The result was the same though. Most challengers gained weight. The winner lost 7.5 lbs. Me! :)

Because we considered the challenge a failure, we decided to have another one. This time though the prize will only be lunch at the restaurant of the winner's choice. We began on the first week of October and will end on January 31, 2010.

Who will win this time?

2 comments:

margheritarocks,  November 4, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I hope I win!!!

Post a Comment

Share |