Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Baby's First Word

Sunday, November 22, 2009


Via always wakes up at 6 a.m. without fail that she serves as Daddy's alarm clock. We put her to sleep in her crib but winds up with us in bed when she wakes up because when she asks for milk in the middle of the night, I just lay her down beside us so I don't have to wait up for her to finish her milk.
As soon as she wakes, she points at toys or books that she wants to play with while we doze off again. That morning last week, she wanted the black binder with printouts I made of fruits. Some of them were already torn but she still loves going through them. She was busy looking at the pictures of fruits "talking" in her baby language while I tried to go back to sleep when I heard her say, "nana." I looked at the picture she had in her hand when she said it and it was a picture of a Banana! Before this of course, she's been saying mama and dada along with brrr brrrr, tssss tssss and gibberish. So we weren't sure when she said mama and dada that she was referring to us, mommy and daddy. This time though it's clear she identified the fruit and said it!

I'm so amazed at how fast her development has been. She's not even a year old yet. I keep reminding myself now to be careful about everything I do and say as she's very quick to imitate what she hears and sees.

3 comments:

arlene November 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Cute naman: nana! Hehe. I have a friend, ang first word ng son nya: Caltex!! Weird!!

margheritarocks,  November 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

carbon copy ng tatay

Post a Comment

Share |