Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

At Wits End - Part 2

Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's been 3 months since I wrote part 1 and a lot can happen in 3 months. Like changing my mind about my difficult new boss D. Nothing has changed-he still repeats his instructions over and over all the while looking at me with a look that says "does she understand what I'm saying?", he is still the most OC person I've come to know, he still has sharp tongue, etc. etc. BUT I decided to give him a chance. Nothing was happening with my applications for transfer to other departments. If I cannot leave him then I have to deal with it. I decided to just do everything he said and ignore those I did not agree with.

Ignored: entering his meetings 3x in his calendar so that it sounds an alarm 3x (every 15 minutes and hour before the meeting). Once is enough!

Ignored: the out of office report (quarterly surveying the leave, training/seminar, and mission schedule of every staff in our department); we already have a whiteboard for that.

Ignored: printing out his 2-week schedule everyday (he already has this in his lotus notes calendar, in his diary, and a post it of the day's meetings on his desk)

Guess what? It worked! And now I decided he's not so bad after all. He's thoughtful and very appreciative of the work that I do. And he sounds very sincere when he says thank you.

Thoughtfulness: gave me half of his chocolate bar during overtime; got me a milo when he got coffee for himself; got my favorite flavor ice cream after doing personal stuff for him (mint chocolate chip from tillamook..yummy!)

And when he says thank you, it really sounds sincere.

2 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa October 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

haha, seems like you needed some convincing with the thank you part, you repeated it twice. may suhol?

Pearl October 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

oh... just read this...
and i was already wondering if you'll post an update to your previous entry about him --- because you kept on saying lately that you were beginning to like him...

Post a Comment

Share |