Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

At Wits End!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

My beloved boss, an Indian national, recently retired. His successor is also Indian but...... big big BUT...a far cry from him. Beloved boss was an action man who used his "street smarts" to get work done. Don't get me wrong. He's also a very smart man. He's laid back and a procrastinator BUT he always got the job done and much more. New boss on the other had is at the other end of the pole. He insists on following the rules and always from step 1. He's obsessive-compulsive. He has a sharp tongue and does not care much for chit chat. He repeats his instructions about 3 times everytime. I could go on and on and on....

Ours is a small division of less that 20 staff. More than half have started applying to other departments since he joined our division. At first my co-workers couldn't understand why I suddenly submitted one application after another to other departments. Then one by one they told me...now I understand why.

I looked at his birth year and saw he has 9 years to go before retirement. A long time to wait. I hope he gets promoted after a couple of years if I am unable to leave this division. For now, I'll just have to stick it out and hope I land a transfer somewhere.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 30, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

The charming answer

Post a Comment

Share |