Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

The Third Trimester of Pregnancy

Friday, October 17, 2008

My first and second trimesters have been relatively easy and I've been very thankful for it. Now that I'm in my third trimester (31 weeks) , I'm hoping I won't have too many problems as well. My blood sugar level is normal - no gestational diabetes; blood pressure is normal; no shortness of breath. I have only two concerns so far. First, it's so difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep. I've tried many things and so far what worked was propping up my upper body so I'm sleeping in a sort of reclined position. Second, my legs are always tired. I've gained 33 pounds so far and my legs are feeling every single pound of it. I feel like I'm walking around with 15 pound weights strapped around each ankle. By the end of the day, my legs feel like they've been through a tough workout. Oh, I'm also having some swelling and I'm trying to drink more water and putting up my legs to reduce the swelling. Two more months to go, I can't wait to get it over with and have these discomforts end.



3 comments:

sheilamarie October 20, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

hi there! i'm in my 28th week now, and i'm so glad to come across blogs like yours.

right now, my only complain is that i'm eating too much! so my stomach feels so heavy all the time :P i've gained a lot of weight, i just hope i don't get a c-sec because of this.

the pain is mostly in the bone of my groin area. i feel this especially at night when turning from side to side (can't sleep on my back now as i am experiencing shortness of breath).

i wish i was on my 40th week as well xD stay safe

Bambi October 21, 2008 at 1:06 AM  

naku sandali nalang yan. ingat palagi at sana wag magmadali baby mo lumabas (^_^)

HiPnCooLMoMMa October 21, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

kumain ka ng monggo everyday to stop the swelling...true yan

Post a Comment

Share |