Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Do I Know You?

Friday, August 15, 2008

I have a problem remembering people's faces and it has gotten me into a lot of embrassing situations. It doesn't help that I'm nearsighted and refuse to wear my glasses.

Today it happened again. Our department has a new head, MT who assumed office about two weeks ago. My boss brought him around and introduced him to everyone. I saw him just that one time. Today, he came to our office looking for my boss. I said he's still in a meeting. He asked me to tell him to stop by his office when he gets back.

I said," Sure...Mr....."
He said, "Mr. MT".
Me: OHHH...I'm so sorry Sir....
MT: (Smiling) That's alright.

Another time, a head of department also stopped by, KS, looking for my boss. I said he's out who shall I say stopped by. He showed me his ID and I was mortified. He was one of the influential department heads and very well known. Good thing he's a down to earth kinda guy and just laughed it off.

Sometimes there would be people saying hi and calling me by name in the halls or the elevator and I would have no clue who they were. I would just wave and smile back.

2 comments:

Purple Pig! August 16, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

ha ha ha kahiya ka JB! kupitin mo yung directory with pics ng tatay mo

jellybelly August 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

hehehe...dinadaan ko na lang sa pa smile smile

Post a Comment

Share |