Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

What's Your Addiction?

Monday, July 21, 2008

Over the years I have been obsessed (don't want to call it addiction) with one thing or the other. Shopping, nail polish, frappucino, cellphones, jewelry, etc.

Now it's badminton! I loved it from the first time my friend Maciel and I tried it in October 2003 (outdoors on the street when I was a kid doesn't count). We only played Sundays for maybe 1 month or so then something or the other would come up and our game would be canceled.

In January 2004, I joined the Badminton Club at the office and started playing regularly, that is, once a week - Tuesdays. After 2 months, a beginner's clinic was offered at the office. I was one of the first to sign up. I was really hooked and hungered for more training. A friend from the office, Jasper, shared my enthusiasm. He was the one who found the Asuncion Badminton Center where we enrolled for training, and the one offered by Jaime Junio. He also looked for groups to play with. After he found a group he thought was alright, I would tag along.

I started playing badminton once or twice a week, then thrice a week. There was even a time I played 7 days a week. I also started going to the gym which would help me improve in the game. The lengths I went to just to play badminton. It was fun too. I got to meet people from all over and became good friends with a few of them.

Now being pregnant, I was told by my OB Gyn to stop playing badminton. I haven't played in two months. The last time I played was May 22. I remember the date exactly. The next day I found out I was 11 weeks pregnant.

Yesterday though, P asked me if I wanted to play. Just hitting, not a real game. I perked up! Just hitting should be alright. I've read up a lot about exercising while pregnant. Basically, as long as it's a sport or exercise that you've been doing before the pregnancy, you should be able to do it while pregnant, at a lesser intensity and with the blessing of your OB Gyn. Of course, my OB forbade me to play. But what does she know about the game ;-) I was careful though. It was so much fun. I hope we can do it again next weekend.

P.S. my friend F said I was truly addicted to the game.

4 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa July 22, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

oist anu ka ba? wag muna ngayong 1st trimester, sige ka

jellybelly July 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

hehehe second tri na....5 months na next week :)

yung first tri lumipas without my knowing...so tuloy baddy and all noon

Bex July 22, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

I will tell your OB about this! I bet she reads your blog!

Post a Comment

Share |